NU Bill Rs 10594 !

• Thread starter Thread starter scuzzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 7,439
Originally posted by muttster`@Oct 19 2005, 06:08 PM
I got a bill of 22700 on my DSL_trib AA account! while my account usage is and has been 0!
what rubbish!
Not going to pay anyway..give them a complaint letter if they dont fix..get the line cut
[snapback]28989[/snapback]
[/quote]

yea u bet... am not surprised f----rs dont know how to run a billing system

man i dont even feel like downloading anymore! stupid MTNL damn!no way I can pay the bill :angry:

I think I know what happened! I changed my DSL NU to TRibAA in september.since the bill is of august and septepmber, even in august they have charged 0 as rental.so all my august usage went to trib_aa while it shud be dsl nu! damn u mtnl! get something right..gonna complaint today.lets see

Ok thankfully problem solved .what a relifthe Rs 10,000 triband charges was removed from my bill.For future reference the AOTR wing above pinky cinema andheri is headed by a very nice lady. Unfortunately it is not in her hand to handle triband related billings.She however went out of her way and called a lot many other offices and finally found the person responsible for triband billings(Dilip somebody).He immediately found that all the usage was in the night time and so cancelled the triband charges.If you keep calling them every day and talk to them in the right way u can get your complaints sorted out pretty fast.It took me just 6 days(monday-saturday) to get the new bill.And if the manager wasnt absent for the first 3 days i could have managed that in 3 days.Again I would like to express my appreciation for the AOTR cell in andheri east.They are some of the most efficient employees you can find in MTNL.

Originally posted by muttster`@Oct 19 2005, 10:53 PM
man i dont even feel like downloading anymore! stupid MTNL damn!
no way I can pay the bill :angry:
[snapback]29003[/snapback]
[/quote]

That is the reason I will not go for NU - what a stupid scheme. Easy to see how mtnl can always mess up such things, not surprising at all.
Best of luck muttster 😀
Now I just have dialup for email and chat; and I dont look beyond it because nothing exists 🙂

Originally posted by scuzzy@Oct 23 2005, 05:50 PM
For future reference the AOTR wing above pinky cinema andheri is headed by a very nice lady. She however went out of her way and called a lot many other offices and finally found the person responsible for triband billings(Dilip somebody).He immediately found that all the usage was in the night time and so cancelled the triband charges.

Again I would like to express my appreciation for the AOTR cell in andheri east.They are some of the most efficient employees you can find in MTNL.

hi scuzzy, its nice to know that such a huge prob got solved so quickly. so cud u plz gimme the telephone no. and name of that lady in the andheri east office of mtnl, who helped u out so well? I know all the mtnl mumbai staff numbers r available on this forum but we cant call all of them. we need to know the right ppl who can actually help us and in the most efficient way.

Originally posted by scuzzy@Oct 23 2005, 05:50 PM
Ok thankfully problem solved .what a relif

the Rs 10,000 triband charges was removed from my bill.

For future reference the AOTR wing above pinky cinema andheri is headed by a very nice lady. Unfortunately it is not in her hand to handle triband related billings.She however went out of her way and called a lot many other offices and finally found the person responsible for triband billings(Dilip somebody).He immediately found that all the usage was in the night time and so cancelled the triband charges.

[snapback]29217[/snapback]
[/quote]

Great!. Me facing the same problem. These dumbasses have charged me Rs. 1713.76 as Usage charges but I had 353+ MB ADSL Free in the last month. Today went there and the AOTR said she can do nothing since the billing of Triband is done at Prabhadevi. Gave her a written comlain, lets see. I was smart enough to take a screenshot of my Sept Account details on 1st Oct 2005 night and had it handy. Put it below their nose, they had no choice but to accept the compliant but gave no assurance accept that we will forward your complaint to Prabhadevi. Damn. They gave me some Numbers of Prabhadevi lets see. If you know some good fellow out there, post his direct number. Also did you pay ur bll during the contention period? My bill last date is 29th Oct 2005 and it is going to take atleast a week for rectification? Was that ur case? What have other people done? Do they adjust in next bill as they are promissing?

Originally posted by powerontop@Oct 26 2005, 12:58 PM
Great!. Me facing the same problem. These dumbasses have charged me Rs. 1713.76 as Usage charges but I had 353+ MB ADSL Free in the last month. Today went there and the AOTR said she can do nothing since the billing of Triband is done at Prabhadevi. Gave her a written comlain, lets see. I was smart enough to take a screenshot of my Sept Account details on 1st Oct 2005 night and had it handy. Put it below their nose, they had no choice but to accept the compliant but gave no assurance accept that we will forward your complaint to Prabhadevi. Damn. They gave me some Numbers of Prabhadevi lets see. If you know some good fellow out there, post his direct number. Also did you pay ur bll during the contention period? My bill last date is 29th Oct 2005 and it is going to take atleast a week for rectification? Was that ur case? What have other people done? Do they adjust in next bill as they are promissing?
[snapback]29553[/snapback]
[/quote]

Keep two things in mind:

1.Do not pay the bill.Once you pay the bill they may not refund the amount back

2.The Triband billing cannot be changed by the AOTR so she forwarded it to Prabhadevi.that is the reason it will take a week to correct.However postponing the bill last date is very much in the hands of the AOTR .So sweet talk the AOTR head into postponing the bill date.

In my case since the complaint was handled very fast i didnt have to go through the postponing thing.However the AOTR head had assured me if it took more time she will postpone my billing date.

Originally posted by scuzzy@Oct 27 2005, 12:55 AM
The Triband billing cannot be changed by the AOTR so she forwarded it to Prabhadevi.that is the reason it will take a week to correct.However postponing the bill last date is very much in the hands of the AOTR .So sweet talk the AOTR head into postponing the bill date.

does anyone of u ie.scuzzy or powerontop, have the telephone nos. of the AOTR at andheri and the prabhadevi head office??? Also do u remember the names of the ppl u were in contact with at these offices, during the correction of ur tel. bills? I looked through the mtnl mumbai tel nos. posted on this forum but the tel nos. r of the area manager of a particular sector, for eg.north or west-1. these nos r not specific to the office like prabhadevi or andheri AOTR.

Originally posted by yohu123@Oct 27 2005, 02:51 AM
does anyone of u ie.scuzzy or powerontop, have the telephone nos. of the AOTR at andheri and the prabhadevi head office??? Also do u remember the names of the ppl u were in contact with at these offices, during the correction of ur tel. bills? I looked through the mtnl mumbai tel nos. posted on this forum but the tel nos. r of the area manager of a particular sector, for eg.north or west-1. these nos r not specific to the office like prabhadevi or andheri AOTR.
[snapback]29649[/snapback]
[/quote]

Originally posted by scuzzy@Oct 27 2005, 02:51 AM
Keep two things in mind:
Thanks scuzzy. Today got my bill rectified and paid the bill. These nuts had overcharged me by 1700+. Got it rectified 🙂 Relief.

yogu123 what I did was took it to AOTR, gave written complaint and got the Std. answer of wait 1 week. Yes as mentioned by scuzzy get ur bill extended if ur bill date is approaching near dealine. AOTR can do it. I don't know abt Andheri but go to ur Andheri exch. and go the billing dept or where u submitted ur Triband form and follow the redirection 🙂. Reg. Dilip, call DE Internet at 24334418. Dilip or someone wud help you. Ideally ask for him.

Mine took 2 days in all(Yest. and today) to resolve 🙂.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by powerontop@Oct 27 2005, 12:14 PM
Hope this helps.

Yes powerontop. this really really helps. thanx a lot. now i know where to go and who to talk to in order to get this billing prob solved at the earliest (in ur case, it just took 2 days!!!). getting such a prob solved in 2 days is, i think, a guiness world record for mtnl!!! 😀

Thanx once again powerontop and scuzzy for all ur help and info.

Originally posted by yohu123@Oct 27 2005, 01:16 PM
Yes powerontop. this really really helps. thanx a lot. now i know where to go and who to talk to in order to get this billing prob solved at the earliest (in ur case, it just took 2 days!!!). getting such a prob solved in 2 days is, i think, a guiness world record for mtnl!!!  😀

Thanx once again powerontop and scuzzy for all ur help and info.
[snapback]29679[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ur always welcome.

Hi Guys,I got my bill of 4046/- for Oct & Nov on 590 NU plan. But my PC was scheduled to shutdown at 7:55AM everyday; yes I know I must have powered off/rebooted my router. Now insane billing software of MTNL has done the avereage for entire session in MB/hr, and calculated my bill on the basis of this average for duration till the time my router was ON after 8:00AM, but the fact is I did not download anything after 8:00AM.I approached their billing cell and they say proudly that we bill on the basis of average only and have no mechanism to confirm if you really downloaded after 8:00AM. To solve this problem they started auto-logout as already mentioned in some thread, but stopped it now due to disconnection complaints.And finally they are not correcting my bill. They stopped auto-logout, but did not provide any alternate solution to this streched session problem for 590NU users. To worse, even GM is reluctant to talk to me or even reply to my emails.Has anyone tried to approach Consumer Court againt MTNL.

hey.. relax.. hae another go at them.. the didnt give me any problems.. thats because i took the advice of turning off and on my router .. and not taking chances with their auto disconnect thing.. so it shows up in sessions.. anyways.. they cant calculate anything n averages.. thats just plain silly. i got a bogus bill.. went there str8ned things out. seems they didnt take into consideration the new tariff as of nov 1. they billed me also according to trib 399 instead of nu.. as you may guess. they tried to say it was my fault.. but i convinced them to get me to a computer where i pointed out that theres no way possible.. it cud have exceeded by even an mb..may be thats ur solution. -> find the head of the triBand dept. and drag him to a computer and give him a crash course in billing 😀

I have already tried up to DE (Internet) and this sarkari baaboo don't want to understand this average problem, for him anything printed by computer is final verdict. I need to go and talk to GM, but not expecting much help from him either, but they cannot prove if there was any download after 8AM.