Ntsc Format Programming On Zee Dish TV DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter frowdow
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 26,817

frowdow

Hello everybody,I need to know whether any Dish TV subscribers out there have managed to obtain an NTSC compatible STB from DishTV in the recent past (last 1 month). I know that they used to provide NTSC compatible STBs (KAON was the brand, i think) a while back. All enquiries with DishTV dealers seem to result in either blank faces or an ignorant shrug.I need to know if there is an alternative solution (legal/illegal) to obtaining NTSC format programming from Dish TV STBs. Any help will be much appreciated, since i have a TV which only takes in NTSC input,Thanks,--Sachin

QUOTE(Frowdow @ Mar 8 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]82546[/snapback]
All enquiries with DishTV dealers seem to result in either blank faces or an ignorant shrug.[/b]

Dealers are the last people who'd know this. Why don't you call their customer support?

1860-180-3474
or 0120–4443474

I called up Dish TV and got back a reply that both Dish TV STB as well as TruHD STBs does not support NTSC

In India All the telecast is in PAL mode. Further Dishtv Stb is not supported by NTSC

Could someone please clarify my doubt ? My TV is Sony bravia KDL-V2500 model supporting only NTSC and has HDMI. The power specs says it supports 120V-240V~ 50/60Hz. Does it mean that it will support both 50Hz ( 25 fps) as well as 60Hz ( 30 fps) refresh rate on HDMI ? If yes, then I will go ahead and buy Dish TV's TruHD STB

Could someone please clarify my doubt ? My TV is Sony bravia KDL-V2500 model supporting only NTSC and has HDMI.
The power specs says it supports 120V-240V~ 50/60Hz.

Does it mean that it will support both 50Hz ( 25 fps) as well as 60Hz ( 30 fps) refresh rate on HDMI ?
If yes, then I will go ahead and buy Dish TV's TruHD STB

Facing same prob. if u do come up with solution plz let me know//

No solution yet other than buying a Atlona AT-LINE-EX PAL to NTSC converter for HDMI. I have one last hope before doing that. My TV seems to have CineMotion reverse 3:2 pulldown feature. If the TV can handle 25fps/50Hz relay because of this feature, then I can give it a try

No solution yet other than buying a Atlona AT-LINE-EX PAL to NTSC converter for HDMI. I have one last hope before doing that. My TV seems to have CineMotion reverse 3:2 pulldown feature. If the TV can handle 25fps/50Hz relay because of this feature, then I can give it a try

Hi All,

For those who are having NTSC TV wanting to hookup with Dish TV Tru HD STBs, see this link
Ask your questions and queries about Dish TV HD here. - Big TV, Tata Sky, Dish TV India, Airtel Digital TV, Sun DTH on SaveOnDish.com

Someone replied that this STB has a setting to configure either 1080i/50Hz or 1080i/60Hz over HDMI to support both PAL as well as NTSC models.

Yesterday I went to TV showroom to buy Dish TV STB, but there were no stock. I will contact them after 2 days.

Hi All,

For those who are having NTSC TV wanting to hookup with Dish TV Tru HD STBs, see this link
Ask your questions and queries about Dish TV HD here. - Big TV, Tata Sky, Dish TV India, Airtel Digital TV, Sun DTH on SaveOnDish.com

Someone replied that this STB has a setting to configure either 1080i/50Hz or 1080i/60Hz over HDMI to support both PAL as well as NTSC models.

Yesterday I went to TV showroom to buy Dish TV STB, but there were no stock. I will contact them after 2 days.

Thankx Murali for the info.///I was about to get Sun DTH which s having NTSC STB(MOdel no CDVB6750)
If 50 and 60hz is possible with Dish Tru HD It will be great.

Which STB box it is ? It is not working with the Dish TV STB box I have. It needs a converter ( PAL to NTSC ) to display on my TV. Only VGA works

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

ofcource the Dish STB has setting "Video Format : PAL" which is fixed. You can't change it. Do I need to ask them for Firmware upgrade ?

see my friend...any stb..like dish,big tv,sun,tata any stb will work with ntsc tv...and also it works fine with normal av cable...i have a Philips lcd which i got it from usa...which dont have pal system...i connected with dish tv,.it works fine...later i connected with big tv...sun direct...now i am using videocon...it doesnt matter whether u r having pal or ntsc.....it matters only when u use u r normal cable...but u r using stb and av cable..its just like playing a dvd in ur tv...thats it...no need of change of any settings...just connect it to the av..its like plug n play

No it will not work if the TV supports only NTSC. I think your TV is supporting both PAL and NTSC ( Multisystem ) . If the TV supports only NTSC, it applies to AV ( composite ) cable as well. The TV can not decode the PAL.

no yaar...its only ntsc...i dunno wats wrong with u...u can ask anyone...when u use stb u r tv just works like a monitor....as far as i know.