Now use Utstarcom Wa3002G4 as repeater/connect routers wirelessly/wireless bridge/range extending

• Thread starter Thread starter ggeminii
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 27,815

ggeminii

ISP
Bsnl 500C
Found these two amazing videos guiding you to connect two routers wirelessly.
One of the router used has exactly same graphic user interface as that of WA3002G4.
- How to set up a wireless bridge in 4 steps Part 1[/URL]
- How to set up a wireless bridge in 4 steps Part 2[/URL]

And if you have two utsatrcom WA3002G4 routers you can go through following steps:-

Let W1 be the router connected to internet and in ;always on'/pppoe mode and W2 be the one you want to use as repeater..
Setting router W1:

1. Go to LAN settings of W1 and make sure that its ip address is 192.168.1.1 and subnet mask =255.255.255.0 .
2. In DHCP server change 'start ip address' to 192.168.1.3(why?! reason later).

Now comes configuring W2.Give it a reset(restoring default settings).
1. Delete all default connections in WAN setup and add a new bridge setup by clicking on add and enter VPI/VCI exactly same as in W1.Leaving everything as it is click next and in connection type select bridge ,then click next and finally save .
2. Then go to LAN and change IP address of W2 to 192.168.1.2(got it?!! because W2 must be out of DHCP of W1) ,then select disable DHCP server and then click save.
3. Now go to ROUTING and remove tick from 'enable automatic assigned gateway' and in 'use default gateway ip address' enter 192.168.1.1(ip address of W1) and put tick on use interface and select LAN/br0 ,then click save.
4. Now go to DNS and remove tick from 'enable automatic assigned DNS' and enter 192.168.1.1 in Primary DNS server ,leave Secondary DNS server blank, then click save and reboot your router.
5. Now go back to W1 settings in your browser and go to wireless settings and click on

'Wireless '.You can go to security to give your wireless network a key otherwise go to 'Wireless Bridge'.In 'AP mode' select 'Wireless Bridge' and in 'Bridge restrict' select 'Enabled(scan)'.
Now W2 will scan wireless network in range and show their name and BSSID(for eg; 00:2B:xx:xx:xx:xx).Now copy the BSSID of wireless of W2 and in 'Bridge restrict' this time select only 'Enabled' and in 'Remote bridge mac address' paste the copied BSSID and click save.

6.Now go to wireless settings of W2 ,then click on 'Wireless Bridge' and in AP mode select 'Access Point' and in 'Bridge restrict' select 'Enabled(scan)'.Now W2 will scan wireless of W1 and show its name and BSSID.Copy this BSSID and in 'Bridge restrict' select 'Enabled' this time and in 'Remote Bridge mac address' paste the copied BSSID. and click save.
7. Finally! reboot both modems and connect one pc or laptop through lan to W1 and other pc or laptop through lan to W2.

According to my knowledge when a router is involved in wireless bridging then its wireless gets busy there so laptop cannot connect to it wirelessly.But you can try though.
Since i don't have two routers i have written this as per my understanding of these videos ,i haven't tried this.But still I'll try to clear any doubts.
I hope this should work :inodding:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done wireless bridging using two WA3002G4 modem cum routers. My second WA3002G4 ( second hand modem router) is wireless bridge as it is connected to LG smart TV. Thanks to ur links and info provided I saved a INR 3500/- on cost of LG USB dongle for the LG TV. In fact I can access both the routers using wireless and wired LAN connection. My signal strength has improved as the wireless bridge signal covers an additional 20-25 feet.

Not watched the video yet, but I assume that the same should be possible connecting the two routers via ethernet? I am planning to connect the WA3002G4 I have to my Asus RT-N16 using the ethernet ports, and putting the former on the top floor to provide good wireless connectivity there.

connecting two wifi routers via cableRj45 is standard. ( I am using Netgearwgr614v6 and smc wifi router)
WDS not often used.

BOFERRAO said:
I have done wireless bridging using two WA3002G4 modem cum routers. My second WA3002G4 ( second hand modem router) is wireless bridge as it is connected to LG smart TV. Thanks to ur links and info provided I saved a INR 3500/- on cost of LG USB dongle for the LG TV. In fact I can access both the routers using wireless and wired LAN connection. My signal strength has improved as the wireless bridge signal covers an additional 20-25 feet.
Hi,
Could you please provide me the steps for configuring WA3002G4 in bridge mode. I need to use this WA3002G4 as bridge to connect to my smart TV.
I searched in web and tried configuring; but not successful. Please help...