Now Ola and Meru apps blocked in delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter kickass
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,406
delhites seem destined to be screwed one way or another !

in a nutshell most important guidelines not yet followed

The government opines that they are not against these public convenient services. But they’d like them to follow proper guidelines to install a proper GPS tracking system and an emergency button in the cabs for the sake of their smooth operation.

a SOS button along a Pepper Spray would have been Great.

Car would Move only when Pepper spray is provided to Female Passenger and as soon as She removes CAN from back door or designated space at back of car, the Car would STOP and connect to cab company instantly over voice and if not attended in 30 seconds, the distress signal to nearest PCR (Police Control Room) is sent.
The pepper spray would provide the female to get more time to seek help, save herself and call the cops.

What I am suggesting is very much possible and very easily possible, not too expensive for sure,
My own Car stops itself by a simple SMS and its very easy to apply such technical security measures.

i think the best way out would be to give a button to rider that tazes the driver at will.

chromaniac: LOL, at will, you mean he driving slow/faster zzzzzzz, he's electrocuted ??!!!!
similarly, x720: pepper spray will not KILL the driver, but will create enough panic and assault would STOP without risking the
life of driver as well the passenger.

Sometimes it becomes a necessity to give power for safety, and the mis-use should be stopped and should qualify for equal amount
of punishment to the offenders.

Safety should be the first priority, technology could help, if rightly implemented, it will not 100% stop it but would lower the chances.

and coming back to Topic, its almost IMPOSSIBLE for IT Ministry to Stop user from installing a App, which is already available on all platforms all install providing websites and can be shared and installed, I don't know how would they not let a Metro based user to install it while other city based users would install, thats not possible.
other Apps would need 5 second to show you in Agra and would force playstore to allow installation based in Fake Geolocation but with correctly spoofed location data.

installing app is different from ordering a cab from inside the app. the second part would be simple to block as it connects with Uber servers to locate nearby cabs.