Notification to doctors to write prescription legibly

Sushubh

Administrator
The Union Health Ministry will soon come out with a gazette notification asking doctors to prescribe medicines in capital letters to make them "legible".

The doctors will also be asked to mention the generic names of drugs they prescribe to hepl people buy them cheap.
Health ministry finds cure for illegible prescriptions by doctors | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Sushubh

Administrator
What would the government do? Cancel their license? It's not like doctors write them bad intentionally. There are a lot of doctors who write just fine.

amish

Star gazer
Capital letters make it more legible. (Even if doctor has bad handwriting)

Normally chemist figure out what doctor has written but problem I always suffer is that - I always order medicines over phone.

First of all prononciations of most medicine is difficult and because of bad hand-writing it becomes difficult even to spell OUT on phone.

Sushubh

Administrator
Some chemists around here are nice enough to create separate envelops for different medicines sorted by time and mark them properly. So you no longer have to deal with crappy writing to see which tablet is to be taken when.

amish

Star gazer
Thats good but here in Mumbai no chemist has time to do all that!

amish

Star gazer
Actually notification about writing Generic medicine name had come earlier too - but I guess never implemented!