Not Happy with Broadband connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Nikunj93
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2,816

Nikunj93

ISP
BSNL
Okay guys, recently I posted a thread about very frequent disconnection in my BB, but now it's okay, I changed to G.DMT and BSNL guys cleared the noise in the phone line too. Now, the net is slow. It's not bb like. Pages do not open instantly. Basically I feel it's the ping.
Here are some stats of my connection:
DSL Status

6922 830
28.1 19.0
12.0 6.5
13429 1479
12.3 13.7
49677 49676
41 80

[TD="class: hd, width: 120"]Status[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"] SHOWTIME [/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]Mode[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]G.DMT [/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]Type[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Interleave [/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3"] [/TD]

[TD="class: hd, width: 48"]Downstream[/TD]
[TD="class: hd, width: 48"]Upstream[/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]Rate (Kbps)[/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]SNR Margin (dB)[/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]Attenuation (dB)[/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]Attainable Rate (Kbps):[/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]Output Power (dBm)[/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]Super Frames[/TD]

[TD="class: hd"]Super Frame Errors[/TD]

http://www.pingtest.net

https://www.speedtest.net

The stats do not look bad, they are not very bad tbh, but it's not optimally working. What steps can be taken?

Thank you!

Change DNS. Try Open DNS or Google DNS.

yes, but that is invalid since i have a 512 kbit line and that trade-off of speed begins at speeds above 8 mbit. Please be well informed before spreading wrong information. Thanks though.

I think you attenuation is a little high, here compare your values with mine :-

hey dude x720 how can u get such a low attenuation rates. mine is 30.5db (down)that means i have far too much noise in my line than urs.what kinda wire are you using....cooper ok... what thickness 9mm or more. i think the copper wire hez on is of ver high quality. but still.....any copper wire cant give a that much low rates. AMAZED 😉 and also do ur house have underground telephone wiring which is common now a days and also the lenght of copper wire used from DP (pole) to the (internal house wiring) or modem is very less?????wt kinda wire is that....😉

Umm, my setup is as follows :The exchange is in the basement of my building. The wiring upto the exchange is optical fibre, then from the exchange to my apartment's pair box (14 floors up) the wiring is copper. Internal wiring is about 2- 3 years old and is again made of copper. I have no idea about the thickness. I guess its due to the lack of joints in the wire (no dp pole and stuff) that I have low attenuation values. All wiring including the ofc is underground.

unless you live in the exchange itself, you cant get anywhere near those values on copper @piyush 😀

@aatuifyes frnd...i understand that. dats y was enquiring to him about dis like a FBI Agent. 😉.and mind it - the exchange lives in his building. not him 😉. lucky guy.!