Not getting speed more than 10Mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter devesh3011
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 6,456
I have also done that but not getting more than 10 Mbps... It is like the i have directly put the cable from the Mikrotik routerboard and checked it.
I have also checked the configuration of mikrotik router but everything is right there.

Hi,

I am using BSNL Bharat AirFibre. It's 50 Mbps plan
But I face sometimes extremely slow speed like 8-12 Mbps with high ping 142ms-200ms and sometimes I get good speed 40-45 Mbps with ping 40-45 ms.

Kindly help me with this what could be done from my end or it is intentionally being done by ISP.

Could this be due to congestion on the tower end?
What's the normal number of connections per sector/tower in case of BSNL Airfibre?
Looking for some numbers on this as this type of connection might be my only hope in village.

@shashankb I meant about the tower side. So from data found with search the tower side antennas and access point can do 1Gbps. But if they have 80-100 user on a tower then won't the users face congestion issues in peak times?

Of course they can do but in lab conditions , those are the theoretical speeds . With all the external factors taken into play , it comes around 650-800 Mbps
Those are like the speeds(1Gbps) achieved when kept face to face with each other
That is why they never advertise higher plan speeds to accomodate many users

So BSNL airfibre won't be a good solution in long term. As it would soon get overloaded with connections and speed would be an issue similar to current 3G/4G networks.
We might get BSNL FTTH as well but the deployment is over trees and distance would be 4-5 kms from exchange. Worried that there would be a lot of fibre cuts and it might take 2-3 days everytime to get it repaired due to terrain and a single LCO managing an area of over 50+ kms.

Well if you can bear the expenses of cabling it underground through a PVC Pipe , that is the best thing you can have . Anyhow you will spend nearly 7-8k or more on the Receiver CPE.
If it's possible geographically
The connection is more permanent. No risk of animals damaging the equipment and you have a pretty stable connection. Initial investment will be worth it

If the ISP managing it well following the Ethics and not over saturating the Wireless connection , you are good to go. It all depends on how the LCO is

Yes having fibre would be best but with my area ( mountains, valley in between) distance from exchange (around 5-6kms) as the vendor is trying to cover multiple villages with same cable it won't be possible to have it underground.
Will try and see what's best possible with current resources. In future if they use BharatNet (not yet deployed here) then it might have underground wiring.