Not able to view other computer in my network places.

• Thread starter Thread starter electrosam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,367

electrosam

ISP
BSNL
Hello. I use BSNL broadband. I have a Huawei MT 841 ADSL router. My desktop is connected to it through LAN/Ethernet cable and my laptop is connected through wifi.In first, I was able to see my desktop in laptop's my network places and vice verca and was able to share files, and printer. But now, I am not able to see my desktop in laptop's my network places and vice verca. hence not able to share files and printer. I tried by checking properties, resetting the router, deleting and making new network but didnt got successlPlease tell me the solution.

First try sharing a folder and access it on the other computer using the other computer's ip address: eg \\192.168.0.1\shared...If that works then, go to control panel -> administrative tools -> local security policy and the change the following items:- Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment -> Access this computer from the network: add guest- Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment -> Deny logon locally: remove guest- Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment -> Deny access to this computer from the network-> check Guest is not here.- Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options -> Network access: Sharing and security model... -> Guest only- Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options -> Network Access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration... -> Disabled.

solution::::::::::

goto network connections...Network home
from the common task pane on the left click on
setup a small home office network.
run through the wizard selecting options......
NEXT>>>NEXT>>>OTHER>>>>THIS COMPUTER CONNECTS TO INTERNET DIRECTLY OR THROUGH A RESIDENTIAL GATEWAY. OTHER COMPUTERS...bla bla.... >>> NEXT>>>>NEXT>>>> put workgroup name>>> turn on file printer share>>>> NEXT>>> create network setup disk>>>> use the disk to run the network setup application on all computers......... TADA.!!!!!!
enjoy sharing.......😀

to be able to see all computers on network goto left pane option of view workgroup computers inside network neighborhood.😗

if you are using workgroup and network setup wizard you have to use the same account username in each client.for linux check your samba server configuration file define the directory and access right in order.

firstly ensure that both pcs are able to ping each other.. and then you could try connecting manually to access shared folders. go to windows explorer and type \\x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is the ip of the machine you want to connect to it would be of the form 192.168.1.x