• Thread starter Thread starter Supreme
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,313

Supreme

ISP
Airtel
Hi
I have been using torrents for quite a long time.
For one of the site www.bitme.org whenever i try to download/upload a torrent i get a 403 stop! error.
Though i m able to browse the site without any problems
I have tried using different torrent clients but same issue with everyone.

For other torrent sites no problem is coming
I have talked with the mods on the site and they are also clueless about it

Does anyone know what could be the cause for it.
Can the local CTO be blocking this, I haven't talked to him regarding this.
Have started facing this problem just some days back.

Any ideas.

maybe the ports used by the client is blocked.I hav been using torrents without probs using bitcomet. but for me bitstrom and bittorendo didnt worked.hope ur able to solve ur problem

I use bitlord and have tried with azureus also but both give same problem.Could it be that my CTO is blocking access to one specific page of a website.

anand,reason plsss 😀coz I hav been using it on private trackers and it hav reported my uploads and download correctly 🙂maybe any sify user can confirm wether its problem due to blocking by CTO.

anand,
reason plsss biggrin.gif

coz I hav been using it on private trackers and it hav reported my uploads and download correctly smile.gif

maybe any sify user can confirm wether its problem due to blocking by CTO.[/b]
I being an Admin at a Torrent site would also confirm what Anand said, please do NOT use BitComet or the latest version of Azureus on any private trackers unless they have been patched, if you are using TB/FL/ET you may continue using BitComet and the New Azureus too, but for any other private trackers it is good to just not use these clients for some time.

The new Azureus and BitComet have a peer-sharing plugin, enabled by default (In BitComet it cannot be disabled), which allows users NOT registered with the site to download torrents without registering onto the site. These clients share their peer data with other clients and hence this happens. Dont be astonished if you see 100 seeds and 1000 peers in your client while actually there are only a lot lesser registered with the site and showing on the torrent Description page of the site.

I have tried with ABC torrent client as well but i still get same 403(forbidden) error.
Tushar can you tell if that site maybe blocking access to their tracker page(www.bitme.org/announce.php) for certain IP address.
Though i had a talk with that site's sysOp and he was also not able to answer the issue. He asked me to contact my ISP , to check if they are blocking something.
If i try connecting to the tracker through a public proxy I am able to make a connection with the tracker easily though.

Tushar,thnx for info .dont having problem in bitme but will consider using it before ny other tracker..and regarding ur prob I think there forum is good.and i think ur IP is not blocked as in that case i think u wont be able to acess bitme. hav u chked the ports ur using.

Originally posted by Supreme@May 12 2005, 11:43 PM
I have tried with ABC torrent client as well but i still get same 403(forbidden) error.
Tushar can you tell if that site maybe blocking access to their tracker page(www.bitme.org/announce.php) for certain IP address.
Though i had a talk with that site's sysOp and he was also not able to answer the issue. He asked me to contact my ISP , to check if they are blocking something.
If i try connecting to the tracker through a public proxy I am able to make a connection with the tracker easily though.
[snapback]9243[/snapback]
[/quote]Well, in all TBSource based sites, there is indeed a way to disable the User IP, however that way you will be unable to access the site itself. What I think is maybe their tracker has an imported and updated Peer Guardian Blocklist. Check to see if you are on the peer guardian Blocklist, if your IP is there then you will always have to use a High anonymity proxy or ask one of the SysOps on the site to manually remove your IP from the Blocklist on the tracker.

Well checked for any ip blocking also and the ip is not being blocked
Asked the admin there(bitMe) and he said your ip is not being blocked.
And now am getting this 403 error for a lot of other torrent trackers as well. And here is what the msg is when captured

Host: www.bitme.org
Cache-Control: no-cache
HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
Server: squid/2.5.STABLE2
Mime-Version: 1.0
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:28:48 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 1076
Expires: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:28:48 GMT
X-Squid-Error: ERR_ACCESS_DENIED 0
X-Cache: MISS from DELCACHE
Connection: close

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from
being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if
you feel this is incorrect.Your cache administrator is webmaster

Generated by DELCACHE (squid/2.5.STABLE2)

Could the proxy be blocking it
Is any other user in delhi facing the same problem.

i am getting this Access denied Messages on lot of sites including shields up port scan , msn ads and some wallpapers links from download.com. And now their speeds are sucking for last 2 daysSify BB is just toooooo bad

i am getting this Access denied Messages on lot of sites including shields up port scan , msn ads and some wallpapers links from download.com. And now their speeds are sucking for last 2 daysSify BB is just toooooo bad