not able to open 192.168.1.1 on vista / zte modem

ravinder_bsnl

ISP
bsnl
hi

i recently got the bsnl modem zte (some *31* model number). i set the tcp/ip properties to 192.168.1.2/192.168.1.1 etc but when i try to open the webpage http://192.168.1.1 i , IE is not able to open this page. It simply says that page no avialable etc. It doesnt even asks for username / password.

what could be the issue here ?

thanks a ton for help
ravinder

@ravinder_bsnl/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
Presume you are unable to connect to the internet.
With the modem ON apply reset for about 10 to 30 seconds to restore
factory settings.
Clear all temp files/cache in IE.
1.Now try 192.168.1.1
2. Or Start run type cmd type ping 192.168.1.1
give feedback.

REF:https://broadband.forum/bsnl-dataone-broadband/20261-zte-zxdsl-831aii-modem-configration/

the ping works fine. i resetted the modem also but still the same issue. this laptop has vista starter, could that be an issue ?if i connect a xp machine i am able to see the 192.168.1.1 page though.

@/ravinder_bsnl/Very vague answer. Only confirming that you could ping 192.168.1.1 .Means the modem/access IP is 192.168.1.11.Could you make all settings in the modem for internet connection ?2. Do you connect to Internet with XP now and can surf.?3. Have you selected dialer mode or "alwaysOn" mode /.

>>>>>>1.Could you make all settings in the modem for internet connection ?
i couldn't. the guy with xp took back his laptop before i could do it. but the point is that the 192 page did opened in xp and not on vista.

>>>>>>2. Do you connect to Internet with XP now and can surf.?
no

>>>>>> 3. Have you selected dialer mode or "alwaysOn" mode /
i dont have any idea whats that. can you please explain a bit more 😕

Problem : Laptop with VISTA Modem ZTE zxdsl 831 aII No internet connection.
Modem page 192.168.1.1 opens.
Para two :
Now I understand you have a laptop with only Vista OS.
The modem page is accessed in IE browser and you should try to make the settings.
referring to the link earlier given ( with many screenshots by @onlytest)
VPI/VCI 0 35 enter your userId without @ bsnl.in enter password.
Select ppp/pppOe select always on Save and reboot.
not " bridged". we will come to this later.
2. Then in computer open Network LAN and see status.
3.OR start run type cmd then type ipconfig/all
post details here.

Actually i am facing same problem with my modem. I am able to ping but unable to open the 192.168.1.1.And from past 2 - 3 days i have not been able to gmail.com (email through web pop works fine), facebook, myspace, even orkut is giving problems now. I am able to go go to google.co.in but when i search for something it doesnt ioen up anything.I am using WinXP SP3 and UTStarcom modem.

dont know what the issue was. i got the OS reinstalled and everything works fine now. thanks for the help... broadbandforum rocks :yahoo::rofl: