• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 15,641
Status
Not open for further replies.

himanshuhv

ISP
TataIndicom Broadband
I recently bought the Wireless Router. I am not been able to configure. I tried 3-4 ways DHCP, Static IP, PPPoP options, but my Wireless Router is not able to connect to the internet.Any help/pointers will be appreciated.If you need more information let me know.Thanks,Himanshu

Dude VSNL works on bridge mode only and vpi value is 0 and vci is 32

Don't use it as a wireless router. Use it as a wireless bridge/switch.Just plug in cable from ISO in one of the LAN ports (instead of WAN) and you would be able to dial from your laptop.BTW.. Configure Wireless properly [enable WAP security]

Hey Kitty My name is santhosh, here in bangalore - I am having every trouble one can hav :wall:. I have a tata wimax connection which doesnt allow me to connect to internet using it. you have solved by connecting it to one of the four ports and WEP security????. I guess u have been provided with a static IP, did you configured your comp with static IP???? Hell, I called every damn technician in tata and Linksys - they gave me ***** :evil:. I am not sure if you see this message, i 'll pray to god. My number is 9845556556 and my email ID is bondindiasany AT gmail DOT com. please reach me asap and save my ****Please help,

I recently bought the Wireless Router. I am not been able to configure. I tried 3-4 ways DHCP, Static IP, PPPoP options, but my Wireless Router is not able to connect to the internet.

Any help/pointers will be appreciated.

If you need more information let me know.

Thanks,
Himanshu

In the Router admin (192.168.1.1) use static mode..

Enter IP: 10.xx.xx.xx
Enter Gateway: 10.xx.x.xx (both should be gotten from your existing connection, else ask someone in your area who has the same connection. technically IP has to be in the same range and free.. any free ip within your area's range will do)
Primary DNS: 203.197.12.30
Secndary DNS: 172.31.6.5
Tertiary DNS: 172.197.12.42

That's it.. save settings..

Now in your TCP/IP properties, make sure to set the IP adress and DNS settings to automatic..

Now use https://loginbom.tataindicombroadband.in:8443/home

to access the net.. You only have to login via one system on your wireless network.. and the net will work for all systems connected to your network..

In case you need any clarifications.. post away.. 🙂

:thumbsup: Good Luck!!!

OKKKK, It seems everyone reply the same to me saying "connect the tata indicom cable to one of the LAN port".......😗 I am having 2 laptops, and one STATIC IP from Tataindicom WiMax Guys. I need to share the connection between the 2 laptops. The internet is web based login. If i connect it direclty to my laptops Ethernet it works like charm, on the first visit of any web page I will b redirected to a login page. Initially I had this working by configuring Static IP Option on router with MAC security enabled. Suddenly, on a weekend I stopped working. I dont know why u guys insist on WEP security, how does the bother the damn internet access???? Say If I am connecting to LAN port of the router, what is the IP address I have to provide to my laptop?? how do i configure it, DHCP from router?? range of IP??? hell lot of questions to get this small shit happen..... Could anyone provide me step by step instructions on configuring it - 2 latops, one static IP, tataindicom Wimax connection, wireless WRT54G router. am tierd of this :wall😱mg, Prajwal I didnt see your reply before I post. One question though Enter IP: 10.xx.xx.xxEnter Gateway: 10.xx.x.xx (both should be gotten from your existing connection, else ask someone in your area who has the same connection. technically IP has to be in the same range and free.. any free ip within your area's range will do)I think I have tried it, The Ip tata guys gave is 121.243.xx.xxx, I selected static on Router page(192.168.2.1), the Clients will get DHCP IP from router as 10.X.x.x series. It is not working - is my intial post(where it worked for a few days). This is how technically you should configure, since it is not working I am seeking help from here.

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here from Bangalore with a strange problem. I have a postpaid Tata Indicom Wimax connection. I want to use it to wifi enable my house. I have connected it to a D-Link DI-524 router on the topmost floor and via Dlink access points to the other bottom floors. I have been given static IP address by the ISP. The address details are as follows IP - 121.xxx.xxx.3Subnet Mask 255.255.255.224Gateway - 121.xxx.xxx.129and also the DNS servers - 202.54.12.164, 202.54.29.5 Now coming to my problem. When I use these settings on my laptop everything works fine, but when I use the same settings on the WAN port of the router the connection does not work. The strange part is that it works sometimes and it doesnt work sometimes. This is completely random. When it is not working through the router I have connected it to my computer and the connection works fine. What can the problem be? Please help me sort this thing out. The router has DHCP enabled and gives out IP address in the 192.168.0.1 - 255 range with a subnet of 255.255.255.0. Any help would be appreciated.

OKKKK, It seems everyone reply the same to me saying "connect the tata indicom cable to one of the LAN port".......😗

I am having 2 laptops, and one STATIC IP from Tataindicom WiMax Guys. I need to share the connection between the 2 laptops. The internet is web based login. If i connect it direclty to my laptops Ethernet it works like charm, on the first visit of any web page I will b redirected to a login page.

Initially I had this working by configuring Static IP Option on router with MAC security enabled. Suddenly, on a weekend I stopped working. I dont know why u guys insist on WEP security, how does the bother the damn internet access????

Say If I am connecting to LAN port of the router, what is the IP address I have to provide to my laptop?? how do i configure it, DHCP from router?? range of IP??? hell lot of questions to get this small shit happen.....

Could anyone provide me step by step instructions on configuring it - 2 latops, one static IP, tataindicom Wimax connection, wireless WRT54G router. am tierd of this :wall:

omg, Prajwal I didnt see your reply before I post. One question though

Enter IP: 10.xx.xx.xx
Enter Gateway: 10.xx.x.xx (both should be gotten from your existing connection, else ask someone in your area who has the same connection. technically IP has to be in the same range and free.. any free ip within your area's range will do)

I think I have tried it, The Ip tata guys gave is 121.243.xx.xxx, I selected static on Router page(192.168.2.1), the Clients will get DHCP IP from router as 10.X.x.x series. It is not working - is my intial post(where it worked for a few days).

This is how technically you should configure, since it is not working I am seeking help from here.

I do not know for WiMax. but like you said.. if you're connecting to the LAN port of your router.. (not Internet), and since DHCP is enabled, you will not need to setup any IP address.. DHCP should take care of that..

And you are right about WEP.. it shouldn't matter what kind of security you have.. (at least I think so..)

Sorry i cannot be of more help..

Hi Saviours,I have recently subscribed to dataone.I am unble to connect via wifi to my Compaq laptop.I have been provided SIEMENS SL2_141 modem and it works fine via cable to desktop. What should I do?AS USUAL BSNL HAS POOR RESPONSE

members/pratibharijit/
Welcome to Indiabroadbandforum.co
You could have posted this in BSNL forum. Anyway see this link.
SL2_141 ADSL MODEM (Type-B) MENU

@members/bondindiasany/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
Your problem solved ?
Could anyone provide me step by step instructions on configuring it - 2 latops, one static IP, tataindicom Wimax connection, wireless WRT54G router. am tired of this
Linksys.com - Products/Wireless/Basic Networking/Broadband Routers/Wireless-G/WRT54G
checking up WImax

I am facing exact same issue. did you get a fix for this?

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here from Bangalore with a strange problem.

I have a postpaid Tata Indicom Wimax connection. I want to use it to wifi enable my house. I have connected it to a D-Link DI-524 router on the topmost floor and via Dlink access points to the other bottom floors. I have been given static IP address by the ISP.

The address details are as follows

IP - 121.xxx.xxx.3
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.224
Gateway - 121.xxx.xxx.129
and also the DNS servers - 202.54.12.164, 202.54.29.5

Now coming to my problem. When I use these settings on my laptop everything works fine, but when I use the same settings on the WAN port of the router the connection does not work. The strange part is that it works sometimes and it doesnt work sometimes. This is completely random. When it is not working through the router I have connected it to my computer and the connection works fine.

What can the problem be? Please help me sort this thing out. The router has DHCP enabled and gives out IP address in the 192.168.0.1 - 255 range with a subnet of 255.255.255.0.

Any help would be appreciated.

^^I have the same wireless router that i'm currently using with my tata wimax connection. The first time i got my connection, knowing that it was going to need dhcp i connected the cable which comes directly from the dish into the WAN port and proceeded by enabling dhcp on the router side as well as my Windows system and let the router take care of assigning IPs to which ever device requires connection. I've also configured the wireless settings and used a 128bit WEP encryption.Just 3 months ago i switched to their postpaid 1Mbps plan which offers a static IP, and as soon as i got the IP details i entered that into the router's STATIC settings and left dhcp mode on, on my Windows machine. So far to this day, i'm able to use a laptop and a PS3 all connected either via LAN ports or wirelessly. Hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.