Not able to browse through DataOne Wireless Connection ....

• Thread starter Thread starter yours_deep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,900

yours_deep

ISP
BSNL
Hello ,

Machine : Dell 610D Laptop
Operating System : Windows XP

I have moved to BSNL DataOne from Hathway recently. I use the modem WA3002G4 model. When I try to use the wireless connection I get the connection "UTStarCom". I could configure it. Even the Wireless Connection Icon shows that the wireless is connected, but I could not browse any of the sites. Any resolution of this issue would be highly appreciated.

--
Thx
Deep

Welcome to Broadbandforum.in.
Please confirm you could surf the internet by
connecting the Rj45 from modem to your computer's .
ethernet port.
Open the modem and see the DSl status page.

Do you have a wireless lan card in your laptop ? usually in the left hand side of laptop.
$1,295.00 $1,295.00

Hello Deep ,

I have quite a similar problem as yours.
I am able to surf the net through wired lan connection of my pc
but wireless just doesnt work. I see UTStarCom in available
networks and it gets connected too, but the net is not accessible.
I am sure that its not problem with my lan card or any other pc/xp settings
since I am able to use it in any other wireless network outside.

I was wondering if you could resolve your problem and how did you
if yes..

Thanks in advance,

Priya

Hello ,

Machine : Dell 610D Laptop
Operating System : Windows XP

I have moved to BSNL DataOne from Hathway recently. I use the modem WA3002G4 model. When I try to use the wireless connection I get the connection "UTStarCom". I could configure it. Even the Wireless Connection Icon shows that the wireless is connected, but I could not browse any of the sites. Any resolution of this issue would be highly appreciated.

--
Thx
Deep

go to the command prompt(Start->Run and type cmd) and type ipconfig and post output here.. also type ping google.com and post output.. A screenshot would help

I am not sure about which router you have,

I will give you a vague idea !

login to http://192.168.1.1 and enter username/password . Normally it is admin/admin

Click on wireless -> Basic Wireless
Enable wireless [Check that box]
in SSID, give some name (you can change that utstarcom)
then click on save/apply

Now click on Security tab
For a beginner, you can click network authentication as open, WEP encryption key enabled, and choose 128 bit,
choose 1
then type any 13 Hexa digits (0-9, A-F) in 1st row !

eg :ABCDEFFEDCBA4 (total 13) Letter CASE matters !

then save n apply

now open network connection, check for wireless network, see the name you have mentioned, double click it, give the 13 digit key when asked for encryption key !

You should be able to browse with security enabled ! Dont ever keep your wireless open to public !

Thank you all,Got it working with steps given by appus.Wonder what kicked off the wireless, since the old settings were same except for encryption key which was 64 bit instead of 128. Anyways thanks a lot...Priya