Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight

yes , also NST witho[ut glowlight is already available in india , slightly costly though. Direct presence would make the product much more affordable.

direct presence would increase the price as they would have to support it officially.

Hmmm.. I dont know , but for example a PS3 controller is almost the same price as in US. So is many products.IIRC , HTC devices were serviced by Sony ericsson long time back. Similar thing can be done. ie with MS.

PS3 controllers are rugged products that have a low failure rate. we are talking about an ebook reader and a tablet here with a fragile display panel 🙂

But many products like HDD , ear phones , etc are almost the same cost. only 200-500 Rs difference. ( brainwavz ear phones for eg)

@naveen_reloaded
Can you please tell me how is it reading a PDF on your e-reader?
Also, did u try converting the PDF to PUB and then reading it?
1) If yes how did you convert it?
2) Did it made any difference or is it same as reading PDF?

I am planning to buy an e-reader but found that reading PDF on an e-reader is not as smooth as reading an PUB file 🙁
Thanks

Trying to read a pdf like a magazine is painful , particularly on a e-ink display , couple that with small display. I use calibre to convert. It does OKish job. Better is get epub files rightway for more compatibility and easy , painless job or transferring and reading etc.
Better stick with epub itself . PDF rendering takes too much and i dont think these book reader have enough power to render them good enough and fast enough.
As for my issue where my nook died , i sent it back to US , got it back after a long long time . It came few months back , got a cover case for it . I would advice everyone to get some basic Hard case for these fragile e-book readers.