Nokia WP7 Models and Specs leaked (Rumored)

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,507

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Nokia WP7-powered Sea Ray, Sabre and Ace specs leak - GSMArena.com news
With Nokia World just around the corner (October 26-27), rumors about the long sought-after WP7-smartphones of the Finns are starting to intensify. Today we got a particularly juicy bit of online gossip, which claims to reveal the specs of the first three Nokia WP7 smartphones.

Nokia Ace
The most interesting of the bunch is codenamed the Nokia Ace and will, reportedly, come with a 4.3" ClearBlack AMOLED, 1.4GHz CPU and 16GB of internal storage. The Ace will also features an 8MP autofocus camera with a Carl Zeiss-certified lens, HSPA+ connectivity and an ample 1800 mAh battery.
It's yet unclear if this one will run on the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango, or a later edition of the OS.

Nokia Sea Ray
Then comes the Nokia Sea Ray, which has leaked several times before. Its ClearBlack AMOLED will measure 3.7" in diagonal and its CPU will be clocked at 1.4GHz too. 16GB of storage will cover your multimedia needs, while the 8MP Carl Zeiss camera should let you take some pretty great photos.
The Nokia Sea Ray will be powered by a 1540 mAh battery and will run on Windows Phone 7.5 Mango.

Nokia Sabre
Finally, we have the Nokia Sabre - a Mango-running smartphone that will have interchangeable back covers for easy personalization. It will pack yet another 1.4GHz CPU, but its autofocus camera will only shoot 5 megapixel stills. The 3.7" screen will be downgraded to LCD too.
The Nokia Sabre's internal storage of 8GB doesn't sound like much, but since Windows Phone smartphones have access to 25GB of free cloud storage, it will probably suffice.
We don't know yet how many of the new Windows Phone devices will be unveiled at Nokia World. Initially, it was believed that it would just be the Sea Ray, while more recent rumors suggest that at least two WP smartphones will be announced with the Sabre the most likely candidate to join the party.
Of course, there's also an outside chance that Nokia will be releasing all three of those in time for the holiday season, but at this stage that doesn't seem likely.

Being fan of Nokia, I hope Nokia brings some exciting handsets powered by Windows Phone 7.

(I request new section for Nokia Windows Phone) :mobile:

I hate this bullcrap.

The Nokia Sabre's internal storage of 8GB doesn't sound like much, but since Windows Phone smartphones have access to 25GB of free cloud storage, it will probably suffice.

as if nokia would deliver free cloud connectivity.

So what was previous post about?

delivery is the keyword here.

3G is not cheap. and unlimited 3G packages are disappearing.

so cloud connectivity is not really an alternative to local storage no matter how much it is and for how cheap.

----------

1.4 Ghz & Nokia. So they finally woke up!

No mention of the RAM though...

microsoft requires a minimum of 1GHz processor with windows phone devices.

and nokia is using 1GHz processors in newer symbian based models.

Another Windows Phone spotted, Nokia Sun on the horizon? - Engadget
It's getting increasingly difficult to pin down exactly how many Nokia Windows Phones we can expect to see this year, now that the French WinPho obsessives at Mon Windows Phone have added the Nokia Sun to that list. The site got its hands on the vague screengrab above, which shows this mystery phone joining Orange France's ranks of forthcoming devices. With names like the SeaRay and Sabre already being bandied around, the Sun does fit in with Nokia's naming trend for Mango handsets, although it could be another name for previously leaked hardware. The accompanying spec sheet, meanwhile, hints at a very N9-esque device with an AMOLED screen, eight megapixel camera, polycarbonate shell, and (perhaps) a Micro SIM slot -- all centered around a slightly smaller display. Who knows, maybe this is the anonymous (and possibly fake) phone we saw last month? All bets are on the table at this point, but with Nokia World set to kick off in a few weeks, we shouldn't have to wait long for an answer. We'll be there to sniff out all the details on the Finnish colossus' Windows Phone offerings -- however many they decide to shower us with.

Oh No! Its better to have Nokia section alive 🙂But it would be confusing about where to post for Nokia WP7 phones, in Nokia section or Windows Phone section.Also how is Samsung, HTC phone section managed? as they run on multiple OS like Android, WP7, Bada (Samsung).So I though its better to have subsection under brands, like we have for DTH - Tata Sky > TATASKY+TATASKY > TATASKY HD... etc

i think i have been posting devices in sections related to their mobile platforms. blackberry, Apple and Nokia were different because they catered to their own mobile platforms. i can convert the nokia section to symbian and nokia's wp devices can be posted in the wp section... i can of course have android/windowsphone sections in LG/samsung/htc forums but that would make the structure even more complicated. 😛 i can have company categories inside mobile platform forums but that too causes a similar problem 😱

Ok. It would rather be simple if "Nokia India" section is turned into "Nokia Symbian" section. So all Nokia WP7 threads can go to Windows Phone section.Please move this thread to Windows Phone section 🙂