Nokia Siemens 1600 - Reboots every 2 mins

Sudesh Nayak

Hi all,First of all apologies for posting the problem though there may be or ther are posts on the similar issue.Ok here's the problem with my modem/router.I have a Nokia Siemens 1600 modem. The modem was working fine for almost 1.5 years and off lately it has started giving strange kind Of problems, which are as mentioned below-1. When ever I switch on the modem, all the LEDs light up and after 5 to 6 mins all LEDs are off except the power and then the ADSL starts blinking and once the ADSL is stable the modem just reboots and the whole process of LEDs switching on and switching off continues. Almost after 25 - 30 mins everything is stable. No problem at all even if I switch off and switch on the modem a stable connection is made in less than 4 mins.Now for the second problem-When ever I connect to wifi from my iPhone the modem just reboots within 2-3 mins. If i turn off the wifi on my iPhone the modem is stable but as soon as I turn on the wifi and when my iPhone is acquiring the ip that's it the modem just reboots. Now here's something I found out. I use LAN/Ethernet for my PC and wifi for iPhone, if I keep my PC switched on and connected to Internet via LAN/Ethernet then there is no problem the moment I unplug the LAN cord or switch off my pc, well there it starts again reboot and more reboot.Not sure if there is problem with my modem or iPhone.Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advices on how to solve the above issue.Regards,Sudesh

I am also facing the same problem ...please help