Nokia Music+

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 10,382
320 kbps when downloaded directly to PC. i my self tried that around year ago. still have those songs on PC and current phone. and i remember reading discussion in lumia 920 forum on wpcentral just few days ago that new users are also getting 320 kbps songs on PC. they are heavily compressed on phone though but this Nokia music + service claims to give option to download high quality music directly on phone.

Let me try it too bcoz Nokia has got great collection of songs. And. If they have started 320 kbps and drm free then it's the best

They are not drm free bro.

it seems you have used this service very long back. take my word. they are totally DRM free. complete music library including old songs.

i have used this service since long back on N79 and Nokia 5235. i know it was once DRM protected and many songs were low quality but many things have changed since then. one thing still remain same. lack of marketing. nokia music is not recognized and even people having compatible nokia devices don't know about it.

yes. its MP3 on PC and AAC when downloaded to phone since its DRM free. earlier, file format was used to be different both on PC and phone.
PS: earlier songs were used to be in WMA DRM protected format.

BTW http://www.nokia.com/in-en/nokia-music/ clearly states all songs are now DRM free.

song collection is good especially classic but it misses some random recent albums.

so basically you are saying is that i can pay 57 rupees for one week access to Nokia music and download as many 320kbps mp3 to my computer as i want? 😀

Tomorrow morning 1st thing u will do is to re subscribe this feature and start downloading songs. This is cool.

you can certainly try it but songs i most recently downloaded (in around june-july '12) with free subscription on Lumia 800 were all in 320 kbps, DRM free and compatible with 3-4 phones and devices i tried with.

i mean i do not own a compatible Nokia phone. but it does sound nice if i can download unlimited drm free mp3 from their website on my PC for a fixed price per month!their website does talk about compatibility with some nokia phones. that i believe would be direct downloads to the phone itself. if it is mp3, it should work with any phone that is capable of handling mp3 files!

by compatibility, they mean that compatible phone must be linked with Nokia music subscription. they authorize service via phone. also, only one PC can be registered at a time. and that registered PC can not be changed within 3 or 6 months (don't remember that exactly). same is the case with phone registration. one phone at a time and no simultaneous use on multiple phones.

keep me posted. 😀 i would stop using flyte completely if this works out well 🙂---so you mean that i cannot subscribe to this service unless i have a supported phone to link my account to?

Even i don't have Nokia phone now and i will download it on pc to transfer it to my Android and ipad.

can not do it without nokia phone as far as I know. compatible nokia phone would be necessary to activate service. basically, its tightly integrated with nokia phones for active nokia users. that could be reason behind why its cheap.

so you mean that i cannot subscribe to this service unless i have a supported phone to link my account to?

yes, most probably but i am not 100% sure. you can find more info on web or still try it directly.