• Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 10,386

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Unlimited skips. Whether you like to skip from track to track, or just want extra control over what you hear. There’s no stopping you with Nokia Music+.

Unlimited downloads. The free service allows you to download up to four Mixes (each of which contains hours of music) and play them without an Internet connection. The paid service removes this limit – you can download a massive supply of offline music you can swap as you wish.

Higher quality. We were surprised by the high quality of streaming music from Nokia Music, even over a 2.5G connection. Nokia Music+ allows you to download music at eight times the existing quality. Plus, you can set rules to only download high quality when you’re on Wi-Fi, for example.

Lyrics. Words to the songs you’re listening to, right on your Nokia Lumia. Either in a scrolling list, Karaoke-style format, or a display you can scroll up and down.

On your desktop. The Nokia Music+ subscription also gives you access to the service without your phone. A web-app gives you the ability to play Mixes on your computer, smart TV or other connected screens.

Is Nokia Music available in India?

Last edited:
Yes, it's there since years. Earlier it was known as Ovi music but when Nokia switched from Ovi store to nokia store, every related app changed gradually.

i am not talking about their service that let you download music to your computer for free. i am talking about the Nokia music service that is mostly about streaming music on your phone 🙂

from what i remember, Nokia bundled one year of free access to ovi music with some of their phones. that allowed free download of music to your computer. i am not sure if it was drm enabled (probably was). i assume some people on the forum have bought lumia devices. they would be able to answer this question! do you get free music streaming through nokia music app on your lumia phones?

Yes it was free for 1 year and was drm protected. Let's wait for lumia users confirmation.

DRM free downloads are free for selected phones for 1 year (i think its applicable on all lumias). proper streaming isn't there (song/album wise) but via mix radio, its free and its actually customized radio straming. mix radio has hundreds of channels of different genres including many in hindi and indian regional languages and song selection is pretty good. one can skip the song, pause and resume and also store for offline use (its stored in separate section and only limited songs can be stored at a time). i remember liking this service when i was using lumia.

yes.. it is. as far as i know, one can also download unlimited songs directly to PC using that free 1 year subscription. most of them are 320 kbps when downloaded to PC and DRM free since last year or so.

cheap asha feature phones are also bundled with this service with validity of 3-6 months. one website offers recharge option to extend Nokia music unlimited subscription in pretty straightforward way. forgot the name.

I have never seen songs greater than 64kbps. Also even after one year of free service, one can subscribe to unlimited music at cost of less than rs 100 per month. I forget the exact amount. I top up my account two times on quarterly basis.