Nokia Maps

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 13,872
You mean Ovi? You will first need to download the maps offline. Go to Nokia's website and download Nokia Map Loader. Connect your phone and start the application on the PC. After it detects your phone, it will give the option to select the region for which you want to download maps, and the language. Select as required. Once downloaded, it installs the map to your phone.After this, go to the 'Location' option in the menu, and under the Position methods - select GPS only. Unselect all the others - I didn't really find them useful, though you can enable the Internet one if you really want positioning inside a building.Now before you use the maps, try to lock it. If it is the first time, it might take up to 5 minutes. Subsequent attempts get a lock much quicker - I have sometimes got in less than 20 seconds. For getting the lock, the best option is to go to an open space - a terrace is usually the best option, and select the 'My Position' option under Location. Check the 'Satellite View' in that screen. It should get atleast 4 full locks to be able to track your position.Once it gets the position, you are ready to use. You can go to the Maps application and search the place you want to go, and then opt for Drive to or Walk to. You can also tell it to ignore narrow lanes, toll roads etc.

@aguntuk,That was very informative. Will give it a try tomorrow morning. BTW, my phone already has this option called 'Maps'. Is this the same that you are talking about or something different ? I have tried it, it never works, may be I dont know how to use it.

@aguntuk,

That was very informative. Will give it a try tomorrow morning. BTW, my phone already has this option called 'Maps'. Is this the same that you are talking about or something different ? I have tried it, it never works, may be I dont know how to use it.

It's same and it didn't worked for you?
Actually it NEVER did for anyone out there.

@Sachin,Thanks for you info. It seems many people faced issues with Nokia Maps.But let me try that process of Map loading as suggested by aguntuk.

This is called Nokia !!!After installing 3D map plugins, IE9 is not responding and plugins got crashed in Chrome.