Nokia Lumia 620

• Thread starter Thread starter pankaj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 14,444
^^^
This happened before or after Amber update?
I am planning to upgrade my 620 to Amber this weekend.

still talking about Amber.. :O. I am in GDR 3 🙂 . Please install GDR 3 and enjoy new features like screen rotation lock and closing Apps

I don't believe GDR3 is available for Nokia devices in India or any where else for that matter. It only comes with Nokia 1520 which will be released later this month. GDR3 will be rolled out along with Lumia Black update. So, how did you install GDR3 on your phone? Did you pay and get the developer preview?

It was updated to amber sometime ago. I have to check now, after this recent crash and reload. Will get back soon.
SVK said:
^^^
This happened before or after Amber update?
I am planning to upgrade my 620 to Amber this weekend.

Latest version of amber for india as per Nokia site:
3046 0000 1329 2001.
Software version in my phone reloaded two days ago (after crash) is the same. Glance not working, but flip to silence and data sense work.

I think the answer is simple... How much money are you willing to spend? 520 is a huge compromise so 620 is better. I mean it is best to go for the best model that fits in your budget...

tech_help said:
Which model you suggest Nokia 520 / Nokia 620
Usage: Emails 24x7
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5322&idPhone2=5147
Compared to 520, 620 has LED Flash for Main camera, and it also has front camera. Besides 620 has clearblack display which provides better sunlight reading.
Compared to 620, 520 FM Radio.
Rest features/specs are same for both.
I guess 620 price could be Rs 2000 more then 520. So you can decide.
I would suggest 620 if FM Radio is not needed 🙂

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=178ac8a1-6519-4a0b-960c-038393741e96Use this link. Make that account as main account.. That's it . U will be able to update to latest

When I set out to buy a WP for my father, I started my search with 520. After some research, I moved on to 620. In the end, I settled for 720.

Offline installer is another great feature with WP8 Phones.
I had purchased Weather app which is 56 MB size. I cant download it over 3G as I guess there is limit of 50 MB for downloading over 3G. I realised there is option to download installer (XAP) file. Copy this file on external card and install app from that card. It worked like wonder, and I tried several apps (Paid & Free) by downloading XAP.
I wonder how this feature would work for phones which dont have external card support (like Lumia 920/925).