Nokia Lumia 620

• Thread starter Thread starter pankaj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 14,445
@dsneith. Install wpcentral app.. And some Nokia camera apps.

I got it from Croma for 14,499/- with black matte back cover.

Pros:

Love the OS. Smooth and elegant. The phone does not lag and the apps look beautiful. IE mobile is very fast. Got a 6 month subscription to Nokia Music, but from what I have read online, I think I won't be able to download songs to PC. Some really useful apps by Nokia are available. City Lens is pretty useful and the maps work just fine.

Cons:

The sorting of albums in the Music app is an issue- it lists the same album twice if the artists are different for different songs. The Music player sometimes gets confused if you skip tracks real fast. For Cliff Richards I had Anuradha Paudwal's image being shown in the background. Have heard a big update is due.

The online forums haven't really kicked off for wp8 yet. So tough luck finding information. Some basic apps are missing. Migrating from iOS this is a challenge. But I like how Nokia is pushing for more apps.

Small userbase & a new phone means accessories are not readily available. Had to search many shops but could not find a matte screen guard - so had to settle for a clear one.

Some screenshots: (Have redacted some portions in some of them)

dsneih said:
Cons ---
Managing contacts is real mess .. in android all contacts get sync in one gmail account but here every time we try to create new contact it ask for which account we need to add that contact ..
Only problem is apps .. but most of the basic apps are available ...
You can filter to select only Hotmail/Windows account and deselect Google. Then it will not ask where to add Contacts. And good thing is contacts immediately get sync with Windows account. So if we format the phone, and restart it, all the contacts are back. (of course it might be happening with other smartphones as well).
Only think I didnt like is no option to backup sms.
Besides I saw that Lumia 620 (and may all WP8 handsets) supports Indian (Devanagari) languages. We can view websites in Hindi/Marathi.

wh
SVK said:
You can filter to select only Hotmail/Windows account and deselect Google. Then it will not ask where to add Contacts. And good thing is contacts immediately get sync with Windows account. So if we format the phone, and restart it, all the contacts are back. (of course it might be happening with other smartphones as well).
Only think I didnt like is no option to backup sms.
Besides I saw that Lumia 620 (and may all WP8 handsets) supports Indian (Devanagari) languages. We can view websites in Hindi/Marathi.

I configured the All accounts with contacts but the other account contacts were not get synced .. when you search it it se to display but while receiveing call it shows number only even if they contact is available in mobile .. now exported all contacts from gmail and imported the same in hotmail and now thing looks better now ...
missing lot of apps from android .. but love Nokia music .. you can download unlimited music .. first it was flyte and now this .. downloading lots of stuff ..... but here size of song file is less but while listning quality its good ..
and camera is excellent if you compare to this range phone ...
dineshr1988 said:
@dsneith. Install wpcentral app.. And some Nokia camera apps.
any suggested camera app ...
wpcentral .. there are few free software like board express is available .. let me try this first ...
any other suggestion ....

can't locate such option ..
they have tied up with vodafone and idea where as self using airtel .. so may me this is the same reason ...

If corporate Active sync policy has encrypt SD card policy, then Exchange Emails cannot be configured. I purchased this phone, now I can't use the email app for office emails.

Bought a lumia 620 exchanging lumia 710 last sunday, under Rs 5000 off scheme. Today morning got an update, amber I believe. Took more than 30 minutes for download and installation.
Two major deficiencies in 710 - font size control and lack of support for indic languages are gone!

^^^ I know its not there, but still can you confirm that FM Radio is present or not in Lumia 620 after Amber update.
Also can you check if you have Glance screen and Call blocking added in Settings. These 2 features should be available with Lumia 620.

The phone belongs to my wife; she refuses to spare it even for a few minutes. Will check and revert,
Call blocking is a standard feature and must be available. FM and glance, most likely 'no', as there is no hardware support.

Hey guys have a look at its Specs

Network: EDGE/HSPA/HSAP+, GSM (850/900/1800/1900), WCDMA (850/900/1900/2100)
Dimensions: Height 115.4mm * Width 61.1mm * Thickness 11.0mm
Weight: 127g
Display: Screen size 3.8 inches, 800*480 WVGA includes Nokia clearblack technology
Processor: Qualcomm S4 Snapdragon Dual Core MSM8227S4 clocked at 1GHz which is based on the 28nm krait architecture, Graphics Processor Adreno 305
Memory: 512MB of Ram, Flash Memory 8GB, support expandable memory MicroSD up to 64GB
Camera: Primary Camera 5MP with dedicated button with flash, front facing camera VGA 640*480 for skype
Operating System: Windows Phone 8.0 Apollo
Keyboard: Virtual Qwerty
Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0, Near Field Communication (NFC), WLAN IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
Connectors: Micro-USB Charging Connector and Data Connector, Micro-USB 2.0, 3.5mm audio connector
Battery: Model BL-4J, Battery Capacity 1300 mAh, 3.7V, Standby Time (3G) 330 hours, Talk Time (3G) 9.9 hours, Music Playback Time 61 hours, No Wireless Charging
Special Features: Touch to focus and capture, Magnetometer, Offline Maps, Nokia City Lens