Nokia G-140W-F bridge mode?

@GR2 thanks bro. That's what I needed to see. I'll give it a try. Anyways, a lame engineer from Airtel called up and asked me to send an email to esupport at airtel dot in to get further clarity...that guy seemed confused between v4 and v6 and thought it was a static IP requirement. God gosh! The hopeless fellows!

Right so guys I emailed Airtel support and the email shared by @GR2 and I finally got a response. Have explained to them what info I seek. Hopefully I should have it soon and I will share that here.

@Chip It's TR-069 not TR-169. For me when they enabled bridge, the ont didn't get any ip (pppoe was failing).

For some here as you said were getting ip on both ont and router, so we don't know what will be his case.

He will get both dynamic ipv4 and ipv6 because i am getting it and we both are from the same state.
Same for me , wan failure isp time out . Should I just delete tr069 internet profile from my ont

@aditya369 you need to contact Airtel Support. They will enable it through their backend systems. The latest routers are locked down and you cannot modify the script. Don't waste your time.

The bridged port is normally LAN 4. Also, in bridge mode the Nokia gets 1 IP and your personal router will get another one. There's no difference in speed in either PPPoE of the connections.
Only getting 1 ip now

@Aashish.007 so option to delete profile doesn't work lol, thinking about asking they either to disable the profile or give pppoe login for ont. Now nobody is getting 2 pppoe login after bridging?

Hi all, so I came across this thread trying to setup my new router and I'm kind of a beginner to this stuff. I need suggestions from you guys regarding my current situation. I've an Airtel XStream Fiber 100Mbps connection which comes with the Nokia-G-140w-f ONT device. The Nokia router isn't that bad except that it was not able to cover my whole house (2 storeys). So, I bought a TP-Link Archer A6 just to use as it as an extender, I just to set it up into bridge mode with my Nokia ONT handling PPPoE. Now after reading a lot on this thread I'm curious whether if it's worth doing the vice versa, i.e. setting up my Nokia ONT as bridge and using Archer A6 with PPPoE. I'm aware about the extra features the TP-Link router may have but is it really that significant to go through all the hassle? Again, I'm still new to this so I would really appreciate if you all could help me out with your suggestions.

I have gained Root Access to it , ping me if it helps , ill share you instruction.
Hey @Shailendra P.! I’m trying to get root shell access on my Airtel-provided ALCL/Nokia G140W-C, but I’ve never broken into anything before, so I’m out of ideas trying to get past the Zebra VTY to gain shell access. Like @rajil.s was saying, that restrictive GNU/Zebra VTY config is very… um restrictive 😆
The router/GPON has a telnet interface. Unfortunately, the console does not provide a facility to configure the router
I know you get asked by a lot of people nowadays, but please, could you DM me how you did it? I’d be very grateful. 🥹

My only other choice right now is to trying to read the filesystem on the onboard flash with a UART, but I haven’t played around much with electronics, so I don’t have much hope of figuring that out alone (but maybe @Tulainas was able to in the end?)
get access to the filesystem from UART

anyone help me to open config.cfg file and gain root access so i can delete WAN profile please.
Sure! There was this really nice blog post by @thedroidgeek (not on IBF) way back. He’s put up a script on GitHub based on his reversing findings too, which you can find here.

Also, if you go back to read previous posts of this thread, this had already been shared here.