Nokia G-140W-F bridge mode?

You have to log in to SSH using username ONTUSER password SUGAR2A041 (if doesnt work you have to set
<LimitAccount_ONTUSER rw="RW" t="boolean" v="false"></LimitAccount_ONTUSER>
in your decrypted configuration then reencrypt it and reimport it (also make sure
<TelnetSshAccount. n="TelnetSshAccount" t="staticObject">
<Enable rw="RW" t="boolean" v="True"></Enable>
is correct too
the configuration decryptor and reencryptor python script is here
Source

This works for Nokia G-2425G-A

Last edited:
for ONTUSER to be accepted as SSH login, LimitAccount_ONTUSER needs to be set to false in cfg
ive tried this on 140/240 which is what the thread is about, 2425 is MTK not BCM so might be different ? but people said it works for that one too where i found the credentials
if your cfg isnt taking your modified cfg values (mine always did, all of the RW ones, even the ones the ONT doesnt even use), then you might not be reencrypting/importing it correctly.

@rajkosto
Yeah I know this thread is on 140/240 but I tried it for mine and posted the results...

I have set LimitAccount_ONTUSER to false and even the TelnetSshAccount to true and a additional ONTLOCK to false and after applying the modified cfg and exporting new cfg and unpacking the LimitAccount_ONTUSER and TelnetSshAccount were set back to defaults and the ONTLOCK was as modified(false)

@tanmayb what are you planning to do after getting root access?
Just wanted to take a look into the router fs and explore...
@imdarkray You posted on the other thread that you managed to gain root access...
Please let me know...

This method doesn't work on it
This method works. follow it correctly. I had followed the same process to get the root access.
The user you create for telnet ssh name it "ONTUSER" and set LimitAccount_ONTUSER to false. It's easier to set the password to "admin" as that's encrypted value is already there in the config for the default web user "admin". Just copy-paste that encrypted password to the ONTUSER you are creating.

Now login with ONTUSER and use the password that you set i.e. admin.

You have to log in to SSH using username ONTUSER password SUGAR2A041 (if doesnt work you have to set

in your decrypted configuration then reencrypt it and reimport it (also make sure

is correct too
the configuration decryptor and reencryptor python script is here
Source

This method works. follow it correctly. I had followed the same process to get the root access.
The user you create for telnet ssh name it "ONTUSER" and set LimitAccount_ONTUSER to false. It's easier to set the password to "admin" as that's encrypted value is already there in the config for the default web user "admin". Just copy-paste that encrypted password to the ONTUSER you are creating.

Now login with ONTUSER and use the password that you set i.e. admin.
Thank You So Much @rajkosto and @imdarkray
I was finally able to gain root access on my Nokia G-2425G-A ONT....

Last edited:
all this root access and i still cant find a way to force it to not set MSS to 1412 on NAT (i can change the iptables rule but then restarting router sets it back)

@Jay after much thought I figured out, yes, it's a deliberate decision to keep 2 PPPoE connections going. The reason they do it is because the TR-069 remote management systems require connectivity to be able to talk to and push configs to the ONT, They may throttle this one in the future in case they detect misuse. After all if you're using the PPPoE connection via the bridge then there should not be heavy traffic on the ONT's pre-configured connection right?
You probably are right in assuming this, airtel backend teams need to have remote access to their Nokia router somehow to be able to make changes push updates etc...I was wondering about the 2 separate public IPs also yeah the speed doesn't change at all both works on full speed

also for those who are trying to edit etc to enable bridge mode, the best way is get hold of any good tech guy in airtel locally and have him do it, its a matter of just 5 mins for them, fortunately the guy who installed my Line was very good at knowing these stuffs, I just casually asked him if bridge mode can be enabled, he said usually companies asks this but if I really need he can just call his backend team and enable it on LAN 4, which he did in just 5 mins I was able to connect from my Asus ax88u perfectly fine...

Thank you for sharing and your help. Appreciate it.