Nokia G-140W-F bridge mode?

After using Airtal Fibre 300 mbps connection for 3 months in this time connection went down 4 times and for each ticket it took at list 4 days to it get resolved, really guys don't take Airtal xtreme fibre they will roast you to your core, after 5 in evening there speed will go down to 40-50 mbps and till morning it will be same and there speed fluctuate too much, there connection will drop at list 10 to 15 times in a week for 1 or 2 minutes, after all this i have to take BSNL fibre which i thought will be garbage but its not, there service is top class no problem till now from last 1 month
i also from same city but not having single problem only went offline 2 times when internal wires for my connection got damaged

I wish I knew. The technicians came over and plugged their own laptop into the bridged lan port, and saw the same 100mbps speeds. They then made a few calls and had it fixed. Never explained. Just said it was fixed from the NOC

Hey, what was the complaint you gave them?

I raised issue saying slow speed but they visited and said that if I use additonal router in bridge mode I won't get more than 100Mbps. Apparently speed will get distributed but on Nokia I get 200

So they haven't done anything from their side till now. I just went ahead and edited the router html and removed the <fieldset> disabled attribute and was able to change the settings on the WAN page successfully. Now only VOIP is provisioned on the Nokia router and I'm able to PPPoe from my router. The changes seem persistent on reboot, not sure if they'll force the settings from the backend again.
NOT WORKING for me bro any other solution u have??

@aditya369 you need to contact Airtel Support. They will enable it through their backend systems. The latest routers are locked down and you cannot modify the script. Don't waste your time.

The bridged port is normally LAN 4. Also, in bridge mode the Nokia gets 1 IP and your personal router will get another one. There's no difference in speed in either PPPoE of the connections.

@Jay after much thought I figured out, yes, it's a deliberate decision to keep 2 PPPoE connections going. The reason they do it is because the TR-069 remote management systems require connectivity to be able to talk to and push configs to the ONT, They may throttle this one in the future in case they detect misuse. After all if you're using the PPPoE connection via the bridge then there should not be heavy traffic on the ONT's pre-configured connection right?

Backup the config first so you can restore if something goes wrong. Here is what I did.

Right click on the WAN settings page for Internet click on Inspect/inspect element. You'll see the html code on the bottom of the browser. Ctrl F and search for fieldset. You'll most likely see two entries with <fieldset disabled=""> or <fieldset disabled>. Change both to just <fieldset> and then click on the delete button at the end of the page. Then follow the instructions by tellanand in the previous page.

This is basically step 2 of the above process.
Hey Jai, I tried this but when i click on delete button it shows "The Normal user do not have permission to do this" could you help me with that.

This is an awesome thread, but I have a different question altogether. Now that we know that both Nokia and personal router are able to dial up to establish connection, how can we make the two router network accessible to each other? What I mean is, I have three giga-bit lan port available on the Nokia router and I would like to hook up my NAS; now how can I access the NAS locally without going over the internet for better speed?

Hi all,

I am trying to get ipv6 addresses. I am using on the modem Nokia G-140w-f. did any one have luck.

I am getting public IP addresses on the LAN clients but unable to make any ipv6 requests. test-ipv6 also fails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes modem gets ipv6 address.

In the status page have ipv6 address