Nokia G-140W-F bridge mode?

Okay Happy Final Update. Nokia G2425G-A and Asus connected to it on Port 4 are both doing PPPOE Connections with different Public IP addresses. Speed in both networks is now 200 MBPS. Earlier the cable from Port 4 on Nokia to WAN port on ASUS was not properly connected and was connecting at 100 MBPS. Now after it is connected properly at 1GBPS, speed is 200 MBPS.
So the best option
1. In Nokia LAN Settings Change Port 4 to Bridge mode.
2. Ask Airtel to enable bridge mode.
3. PPPOE Login will happen from both the Nokia and your personal Router with different Public IP Addresses.
4. Internet will work through the ports 1-3 and Wireless SSID of the Nokia.
5. Your Router will be able to do a PPPOE Login and Internet will work through it too.
6. Speed through both is plan speed (200 MBPS in my case)
@Styler what issue you faced with cable and how did you resolve it? I am getting half the speed on TP-Link. MaxBitRate shown in Nokia GPON Lan4 port is 100. Are you talking about the same?

Just an update about my experience with Nokia G2425G-A in bridge mode with my Asus RT-N66U, after following this thread.

Got upgraded to Fiber from copper yesterday. (ASUS was already in bridge mode with the old ADSL Modem)

1. In Nokia, Enabled bridge mode for LAN1
2. Enabled PPOE in WAN section in ASUS (username 080xxxxxxxx_kk@airtelbroadband.in, password -relationship/account no)
3. Added VLAN ID as 100 and Priority as 1 (This was not straight forward in ASUS. It is under LAN-> IPTV, ISP -> Manual)

That's it. I get a public IP in ASUS. I didn't have to call Airtel for this. I need to checkout the IPv6 now.

I could not find the VLAN setting initially in ASUS and without this setting, it would not work.
One downside I see is that I am not able to connect to the Nokia router via the ASUS. (probably I need to update the subnet mask in Nokia)

@bejoysat This is regarding point 3 mentioned above. I'm using my Asus Zenwifi AX XT8 with Airtel Xstream fiber with the Huawei ont in bridge mode. I have not set any Vlan Id value and priority anywhere, but, it's working fine. Is this setting needed only for Nokia?
Without setting the VLAN ID in Asus, the bridge connection did not work and the PPOE failed/timed out. Once I set the VLAN ID, it connected immediately, so I guess it is a requirement from ISP. My guess is that your Asus might already have the VLAN id set somewhere.

Once you get it enabled from the backend then it works fine on the Nokia G2425G-A ONT, you just need to manually set LAN4 port to bridge mode.

Last edited:
@panks21 Ok, I understand better now. So if the bridge is enabled in backend, will it also stop the PPOE in Nokia? I don't mind the two IP addresses assigned but just want to know if it can be avoided (Isn't a public IPv4 is scarce now?!)

Last edited:
@panks21 Ok, I understand better now. So if the bridge is enabled in backend, will it also stop the PPOE in Nokia? I don't mind the two IP addresses assigned but just want to know if it can be avoided (Isn't a public IPv4 is scarce now?!)
No when bridge is enabled it will have a dual IPs, one for the Nokia router and the other for your personal router connected to LAN port 4. Not to worry it works well. Whether you get a public IP or not I guess is up to where you live because I hear some cities/towns are being served CG NAT addresses. Bangalore should be getting a dynamic public IPv4 possibly even a v6 according to some posts here on IBF.

The Nokia router gets a separate IP so that they can control/manage the configuration and push updates using the TR 169 method.

@Chip It's TR-069 not TR-169. For me when they enabled bridge, the ont didn't get any ip (pppoe was failing).

For some here as you said were getting ip on both ont and router, so we don't know what will be his case.

He will get both dynamic ipv4 and ipv6 because i am getting it and we both are from the same state.

It's TR-069 not TR-169.
Yeah, it is 069..my bad. BTW can u post a screenshot of your v6 config on your personal router. I want to try it out. I am really curious to know what Airtel is up to. My line is a direct connection not via a LCO.

So just got off the phone with 121...I asked to speak with a network engineer...because I knew that the call centre won't understand what information is required. Oh well, to cut a long story she has raised a service request to have an engineer visit home. Not surprisingly they don't even know what IPv6 is. Now let us see what happens when the engineer visits.