Nokia

First. Sorry I had to remove that link because it is from a dude who does SEO for a living. Secondly, Microsoft is going to pay Nokia around USD 1 Billion over a longer period of time as part of their partnership. It is a well known fact. Nokia gives Microsoft access to their patents. Microsoft gives preferential treatment to Nokia with their Windows Phone devices. All known facts.

it's a valid point of course. and more people needs to know it.

i wonder if you know the other details 😀

Nokia CEO stephen elop joined nokia from microsoft.

he probably still owns shares in microsoft. he was a senior management guy.

there are strong beliefs in the market that this is just a long term strategy from microsoft to ruin nokia before they go for the kill.

so do not be surprised if in a couple of years time (if not within this year itself) you would see microsoft acquiring the smartphone division of nokia.

----------

Mkt cap 19.29B

Nokia's market capitalization is below USD 20 billion. Apple can actually buy 5 Nokias with the money they have today.

it's a valid point of course. and more people needs to know it.

i wonder if you know the other details 😀
Nokia CEO stephen elop joined nokia from microsoft.
there are strong beliefs in the market that this is just a long term strategy from microsoft to ruin nokia before they go for the kill.
so do not be surprised if in a couple of years time (if not within this year itself) you would see microsoft acquiring the smartphone division of nokia.

Never fully understood the logic behind that rumoured strategy of Microsoft.
I mean the theory is, ruin Nokia > Buy it at low valuation when it's totally ruined, loss making > Start building it again > Make it profitable > All this through Win Phone 7 and Later Platforms.

And spend a few billions in that exercise!!!

Why not spend fraction of those billions directly in making Win Phone 7 Platform feature rich, competitive V/s Android & iOS, Let more OEM adopt it, Larger Marketshare.. Mission accomplished!

Some may say.. because of Nokia Hardware, but Hardware is somewhat commoditized now a days. Software will count ultimately. If Nokia Hardware had so much edge, it would never have been in the dire straits in the first place.

Nokia chairman says company might not have a great 2012

Nokia’s biggest move in the recent past i.e. joining forces with Microsoft is one that could make or break the company. Although many have predicted that the combination of these two entities could go wither way, one has to admit there is potential here.
However, the Nokia camp has taken into consideration that recent shift to use Windows Phone 7 as an OS on their device might not be met with too favorable a view, at least initially. In fact, Chairman Jorma Ollila recently stated that the move will impact the company’s earnings throughout most of this year. "For a significant part of the year the transition will be seen in the results," Ollila told Finnish national broadcaster YLE.

Nokia chairman says company might not have a great 2012

More details on the upcoming Nokia Carla release came in. The platform previously known as Symbian will get its next update in Q3 of this year, when the first smartphones running Nokia Carla will hit the shelves.

According to the latest rumors, second-gen Belle smartphone, including Nokia 603, 700 and 701 will start shipping with the new version of their OS first. Later on, the rest of the Belle-running smartphones in the Nokia portfolio will get Carla as an update. Scheduled for Q4, the update should cover N8,C7,E7,X7,E6,C6-0

Nokia Carla smartphones to ship in Q3, updates coming in Q4 - GSMArena.com news

Wow! Nokia has still not given up Symbian (except its name). It should keep this OS alive as a backup. Also having in-house OS can be useful cost cutting as no need to pay licensing fee to other OS vendor (e.g. MS).

oh man... Except for lag and UI , symbian is best Mobile OS !! But i think if they increase processor speed LAG may be decreased..

Had my college fest today. Lumia guys had put up a stall, they were offering 100 rupees to people if their phones could do some random task faster than a lumia phone.