Nokia 9 PureView

lol. i am not touching another Nokia for a year or two. a visit to the service center and communication with their social media team was a good indication that they are going to treat customers like shit.

honestly speaking, if you are going to buy a phone in the 30-40K range... just wait for pixel 2 to get discounted to 40K again or just get an OP5T.

Reactions: SVK
by the way, i typed a feedback letter and couriered it to their head office address mentioned on their website. that letter bounced back. so even the Nokia head office address on their website seems to no longer exist at the moment.

Track order status - AfterShip - O991B4535851

i guess. samsung also has the best displays usually. i am not very happy with the display on the pixel 2 as well. i am noticing a dark band on the left side of the display. could be the wet install screenguard. could be display. it's just freaking annoying. i want samsung's display and their MST tech but i do not want to deal with their software lol.

how would it help the common man? from my understanding treble only help people who run custom roms. and we have already seen that manufacturers do not play nice with custom rom developers. so only a limited section of people benefit from treble.

Nope. Treble's main aim it to speed up the process of delivering OS updates as the OEMs don't have to rely on updated drivers/binaries from component manufacturers. Remains to be seen if it really helps.

companies like samsung should have enough clout with them to get component developers to provide the necessary binaries. in the end, it is the manufacturer's choice to update devices. they do not have any incentive to provide updates for a few limited top end models. treble is not going to change anything for them. samsung for example probably already control manufacturing of all the critical components in their devices. their track record is getting better all the time but it's not like they are restricted by delays by third party suppliers.

it should of course solve the issue with specific devices that did not even get proper updates from google because companies like broadcom fucked up. i think Galaxy nexus was one such device?

It should make custom rom development little easy.

many custom roms suffer from bad quality cameras without official kernal sources. hell, even mipad 1 got some custom rom development only this year because qualocomm and nvidia relased teagra 3 kernal sources only this year, almost 3 years after mipad lauched.

Last edited by a moderator: