Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Check Nokia 8 Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Snapdeal | Paytm

Nokia 8 leaks - the company's 2017 flagship

Source

Reportedly the Nokia 8 will come in two versions - one with a Snapdragon 835 chipset with 6GB RAM and a 24 MP OIS + EIS primary camera. A 12 MP selfie snapper and dual front-facing speaker are also on the cards. Storage is going to be 64GB or 128GB and there will be a microSD card slot for expanding that further.
The more affordable version will come with Snapdragon 821, a lesser but unspecified camera and 4GB of RAM. The two are actually shown side by side in the video.
The Nokia 8 is believed to feature Carl Zeiss optics as previous Nokia devices. There’s also a small rectangle with HRM written over it and we are guessing this is a heart rate monitor.

Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch

nokia-jdchina.jpg

Nokia 8 Android Smartphone Listed Online Ahead of Launch

i wonder if this would be my next phone. but then i have no plans to pay more than 30K for my next phone so probably not.

Check Nokia 8 Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Paytm

Nokia 8 leaks in all its glory, press renders and specs outed

As recently hinted, this will be HMD Global's flagship smartphone for 2017, and not the Nokia 9. The Nokia 8's rumored specs definitely back that positioning up. It's said to have a 5.3-inch QHD (2,560x1,440) touchscreen, the Snapdragon 835 chipset at the helm, and 4 or 6GB of RAM, depending on which version you buy. However, it is possible that the 4GB model won't actually be released.

6xXeAME.png

Nokia 8 is official with Snapdragon 835 and 4GB RAM, likely not coming to the US

The official site now confirms that the Nokia 8 has a Snapdragon 835 processor, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable storage, and a 5.3-inch 2560 x 1440 Gorilla Glass 5 display.
The Nokia 8 has 13MP dual back cameras, as well as a 13MP phase detection auto-focus front camera. Both are equipped with f/2.0 optics from ZEISS, who helped develop the PureView camera used on old Nokia phones (like the Nokia 808 and Lumia 1020).
Nokia is also heavily advertising the phone's "bothie" functionality, which allows you to capture photos/video from the front and back camera at the same time. The name is supposed to be a combination of "both" and "selfie," but comes across as HMD trying to be hip with the youth.

if the base model retails for under 40k in india, i might have to take emi for the second time in my life.

Nokia 8 - Share both sides of the story works now.

Performance
Operating system Android™ 7.1.1 Nougat
RAM 4 GB LPPDDR4X
CPU Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile Platform, Octa core, (4 2.5GHz Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU + 4 1.8GHz Kryo)
Storage
Internal memory Gloss Blue, 128 GB1 UFS2.1; all other colors, 64 GB1 UFS2.1
MicroSD card slot Up to 256 GB
Audio
Connector 3.5mm ADJ headphone jack
3-mics
Display
Size and type 5.3” IPS QHD
Resolution 2560 x 1440
Material Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5, 2.5D Glass
Camera and flash
Primary camera 13 MP (Colour + OIS) + 13 MP (Mono), 1.12um, f/2.0, 76.9˚, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
Front-facing camera 13 MP PDAF, 1.12um, f/2.0, 78.4˚, display flash
Connectivity and sensors
Connectivity Type C, USB3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps)
Sensors Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, E-compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall sensor, Barometer
SIM slot 1 nano-SIM slot + 1 nano-SIM or 1 MicroSD card slot
Battery and charging
Battery type 3090mAh2, non-removable
Others
Splashproof (IP54)

The fingerprint sensor button I assume is the home key. Does it require touch or actual press. Actual press is something I would really hate if I were to get this phone.