NOKIA 6630 -- upgrade or change...!!!

sunandoghosh

ISP
depends
Nokia 6630 -- upgrade or change...!!!Hi dear and most respectable and knowledgeable mobile gurus...I am Sunando from Kolkata India and am requesting please guide me with my folloiwng queries.My Current situation:I have one Nokia 6630 mobile phone which I am having from last close to two years. This is having currently default memory card of 64MB.What I want:I was fairly simple mobile user. But now in last two years my requirements and needs have grown manifold times. I have to travel both nationally and internationally a lot and am working in IT. My entire life line now is Internet and my laptop and phone. Apart from many needs and help that I am looking for mrom my mobile; in particular I am looking for --1. Ability to speak hands free as most of times i am on long calls and speaking by holidng mobile phone for long is causing too much pain.2. If needed ability to surf through mobile phone although i would like to do internet on laptop mostly but still if needed can browse web.3. Record all conversations happening through my mobile both incoming and outgoing to keep track as I am missing on many points in work and at times relistening helps.PLEASE SUGGEST:Whether I should purchase a new handset which can give me the best currently in terms of all features above and if yes which model and why do you recommend it...???Else will it be possible to have all that is needed in my current model 6630 in which case please suggest the following:a. Which is best hands free available with Nokia 6630 in india...???b. How much memory maximum can i upgrade and which card do i need to purchase...???c. Which best be it hardware or software is needed to record all conversations...???d. Any other recomended accessories etc...???I know there are so many mobile gurus here and suggestions from them will guide me best.Please help in guiding so that I can ease my life at earliest. Thanks for your time pateince and effort. Please feel free to suggest...!!!With highest regardssunandosunandoghosh at gmail dot comP.S. In addition please also suggest if i can record landline conversations by some additional hardware in landline.

better u change over another phone. May be N70m or N73mother wise lot of phones are available now. Buy a memory card for 1 or 2 GB install softwares for recording callslot of hands free kits availble in india

Though better phones are available nowadays but you can do all that in your 6630

for memory expansion you can buy a 2 GB card , you need to purchase a RS-MMC card

you can browse the net easily just get GPRS enabled and surf the internet

you can record phone conversation by installing a call recorder like this

and you can easily find handsfree for your phone from any brand , try getting a jabra handsfree , they are very good

Hi Rama -- any particular reason why u suggest May be N70m or N73m...??? Hi manu1991 -- thanx for that really helpful and detailed reply...!!! Just wonderign whether any dear forum member would like to add something more..???

what is your budget?? thats the first thingi can tell N95 (costs 22000), has a big screen (not sure but 2.6") which hels surfing on a cell phone.but i would rather suggest a PDA from O2if you can leave Nokia, i would recommend o2 stealth which costs 14000it has windows mobile OS & you will get softwares for the same. Besides it has wifi which can be used to surf the web at very high speeds when you are in your office or some public places like airport, Hotels, cafes, etc. specially recommended for a person like you wanting to travel international where gprs would become either useless or too expensivebtw wifi is available even in n95 but the cost difference you know...

Hi,

You can do almost all stuffs with your existing mobile!!!

But still your existing handset (6630) is got following LIMITATIONS:

[*]Slow Processing speed
[*]Less Base Memory
[*]220 Mhz RISC based CPU on ARM-9 series, founds very slow compared to PXA or Intel or Toshiba based newer CPUs.
[*]Symbian OS: Stable but lacks in memory management
[*]Due to RISC based CPU, Real time multi-tasking & task switching response time is slow with BUGS
[*]Screen size is small @ 65k Resolution
[*]Embedded Internet Bowser is USELESS
[*]Due to non-touchscreen, Internet browsing is uncomfortable even though on 3rd party browsers (i.e.Opera, Opera Mini...etc)..
[/list]I suggest you to go for any Windows Based Handset which is got minimum 400Mhz Speed & 64MB Base Memory.

You can do following tasks with good speed on Windows Based Handsets:

1) Create/Edit/Attach/Download Office Documents

2) View/Download/Attach PDF Documents...

3) Large Touch Sensitive Screen for Computing, Net Surfing, Media Player...

4) Pocket Outlook for Email Handling...

5) Messenger Support on Wi-Fi Network & on some GPRS & 3G Network..

6) Seamless integration with your PC/Laptop & quick SYNC future enables you to take backups of your files to PC.

Here I Listed only few features, GOOGLE the Windows Mobile Features for more info...

Cheers...