Nokia 5300 GPRS problem

mann_2008_69

Lucky
ISP
Dataone 500C+
hi friends, i just brought Nokia 5300 (Full black) Mobile. i have vodafone sim card. i am not able to access internet in it. when i press 0 for 3 seconds i get error that "Packet Data Connection not available". i send sms to Vodafone to get settings i got reply that phone is not supported. then i tried to set settings my self.let me explain how i tired:i go to Menu -> settings -> Configuration -> Personal config. sett.under it i found empty. i click on add -> access point.under access point i set account name and in access point settings -> data bearer i found packet data and GSM data. there is no GPRS i think it should be there(Correct me if i wrong).there is no GPRS in access point -> access point settings -> data bearer.So what should i do. i am not able to connect to internet. i tried with airtel and i got connected. how to connect to in vodafone live using vodafone SIM.Please help me.

Packet data is GPRS, gprs term is no more used by Nokia just to differentiate between EDGE(E- GPRS and GPRS), Packet data is common name for both.

To access Vodafone live! on your Vodafone GPRS mobile phone, all you need to do is to activate Vodafone live! and get the settings on your Vodafone mobile phone.
Profile name: Vodafone liveHomepage
URL: http://live.vodafone.in
Security: Non-secure
There is no charge for activating Vodafone live!
Bearer: GPRS/ PACKET DATA
IP address: 10.10.1.100
Username: ______
Password:< blank> ______
APN: portalnmms

Usage charges- 10 paise/ 10kb

so what to do. when i send sms to vodafone they give reply wrong phone type. what to do how to get settings. i tried settings from Nokia.co.in but they are not working please help. i have nokia 5300

send an SMS:

VL to 52586

or try:

ACT VL to 111

After Sending the message, u ll get a reply by message confirming activation. Then you will receive the Vodafone Live settings for GPRS and MMS. Save it. thats it... It should work.

(I sent the first one- and Working fine for me. 🙂 If the first one doesnt work,try the next one)

Maybe you should visit a Vodafone shop (A company owned shop). You say your phone is not supported this page says otherwise Vodafone Compatible Phones | Handset Manufacturer | Vodafone Live!
Check out the Nokia page Nokia India - Support Settings specifically for your piece.
If the settings for 5300 don’t work try those for 5200 🙂.
If that does not work then contact Nokia service as there could be something wrong with your piece wrt gprs, for the nokia site spec details say it supports gprs as does the Vodafone site.