• Thread starter Thread starter Mac
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 2,169

Mac

Regulars
ISP
Airtel Broadband Swift 1099 1Mbps
Ever since the bod server has stopped working i'm not getting any boosts.which i feel is a clear indication of boosts being responsible for the boosts.🙂I get to the login page but when i click on login button after putting my user name and pass in it just flashes and doesnt take me to the new screen to select which speed i want, it doesn't even give an error of incorrect login or something. Think Bod servers are offline.😛

Alright now the service is back but boosts not coming.Will know if they come after 7PM, or else its back to reality.🙂

I am getting unrestricted speeds rite now, lets see for how long it runs before the LDAP assigns the restrictions. 🙂

I am getting unrestricted speeds rite now, lets see for how long it runs before the LDAP assigns the restrictions. 🙂
Any updates?
i'm back with my old time speeds🙂

Didn't you try and restart the modem?Any way no boosts here now.The BOD service is working very well, I dont think the regular boost will ever come back.🙂

I use bridged mode, just need to disconnect and connect again for the boost. Simple and fast. 🙂 BTW, I am getting the boost today as well. 😛

The process of use is not different between bridged and PPPoE, in bridged your modem acts as a router, forwarding the data to the PC, in PPPoE it does the extra bit of Authentication and NATing.

So the person getting BS in bridged will be getting it PPPoE also? and the person not getting BS in PPPoE wont get it in bridged either.. right?

I use bridged mode, just need to disconnect and connect again for the boost. Simple and fast. 🙂 BTW, I am getting the boost today as well. 😛
Hi karan
I think it was you who mentioned that airtel added a new Remote Access server. Well that was exactly when my speeds stopped.
I read your post in the forum thread and everything kind of fits in the theory i had come up with after collecting data about the boosts.
Please let us know the duration and the timings of the boosts as you notice them.:redface:
and thank you very much for the valuable input in the thread.🙂

Yes, they just added another BRAS for NCR, brasdel7 to be precise. I guess they have a backup script or something that does a sweep to check for any accounts running beyond their assigned limits and then that is set, i.e the boosts drop to normal speed. I am not sure of this though.My boosts happen after 7 PM, though I haven't monitored the exact time of the start or how long they last till now. Being in Gurgaon, the power situation doesn't help the cause so I haven't bothered so far (no power backup). I'll look into it now and see if there is any definite thing going on.Also what I have observed is that this BRAS isn't fully integrated/connected to the LDAP coz it lets me authenticate with any username and password combo I want. But if I use my own ID it assigns the correct speed etc for the ID to me. That is what is a bit confusing, I can't pin point the culprit that is allowing these boosts to happen randomly.Edit: The current burst is still on 3 Hrs later.

The boosts always happened at 2 intervals from 9AM to 2PM
and from 7PM to 2AM.
Though they have been varied for me.
I spoke to my local tech about the time and he said that its generally because of a long que formation at the Auth server which is only one for whole of India. which explained the office hour timings of boosts and also
the evening time when people came back from work.🙂

Yes, they just added another BRAS for NCR, brasdel7 to be precise. I guess they have a backup script or something that does a sweep to check for any accounts running beyond their assigned limits and then that is set, i.e the boosts drop to normal speed. I am not sure of this though.

My boosts happen after 7 PM, though I haven't monitored the exact time of the start or how long they last till now. Being in Gurgaon, the power situation doesn't help the cause so I haven't bothered so far (no power backup). I'll look into it now and see if there is any definite thing going on.

Also what I have observed is that this BRAS isn't fully integrated/connected to the LDAP coz it lets me authenticate with any username and password combo I want. But if I use my own ID it assigns the correct speed etc for the ID to me. That is what is a bit confusing, I can't pin point the culprit that is allowing these boosts to happen randomly.

Edit: The current burst is still on 3 Hrs later.