No security refund provided for disconnection after 4 months

ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber 100 Mbps (Getting 300Mbps+)
I was using BSNL broadband and telephone. I requested for the disconnection on 6th October 2020 with an application with request for disconnection and security refund. I also mentioned the bank details for the refund process. But it has been 4 months they are not providing me any security refund amount for the connection. Though they took 8-9 days days. I paid for the 14 days bill for October bill as well in November 2020.

Please tell me what should I do to get my full security refund.
Usually how much time takes to get the security refund.
I filed a complaint in govt website for public grievance regarding this issue. How much time it takes to reply from that end?

Last edited:
Not v surprising, my MTNL disconnection is over a year old. I have not received the cheque (we were told it will be a cheque) for my deposit. When they can't pay salaries to staff, I don't expect anything better. Not sure if BSNL is any better.

They will... But with their own sweet time.
I do recall a member posting here that he got refund from bsnl as a cheque when he had totally forgotten about it..

Raise a grievance - CPGRAMS-Home

Our family also took it a bit easy and tried to follow-up the specific office in person as it happened to be nearby. Finally after close to a year raised a grievance - Corona was given as a reason of delay even though we had surrendered in Feb 2019, way before that. And in 3 months within that got the refund.

@mhsabir I have raised that complain on that portal already. How much time it will take to get their response in this case?

@socrates The security deposit is our money that we have kept for the connection. Why the hell BSNL use it for giving salaries from our security money?

It was approx 3+ months. Feb 2019 surrendered. Feb 2020 (or thereabouts) raised concern at that site. Got update in May 2020 that delay is due to corona lol. Jun-mid got the refund credited.