No power cuts in Delhi?

• Thread starter Thread starter sean1880
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 5,270
12 hours? Are you in some village?

If iam not wrong, in most places in UP..the relevant question is not the number of hrs for which power gets cut rather the number of hours power is received..

^ I know, but I would have thought the situation atleast in the NCR areas would be better. Doesn't seem like

^:mean:she is using blackmailing tactics, sais last year go to bjp(rajnath won from ghaziabad) he has won from there . why are u coming to me for electricity????

If i am not wrong, in most places in UP..the relevant question is not the number of hrs for which power gets cut rather the number of hours power is received..

The situation in Noida, especially in my sector is quite funny. You would think that rain, clouds, cool wind is good thing right? Wrong! Our local substation guys really believe in the saying 'Prevention is better than cure'! Any time you a have strong breeze blowing with a hint of clouds in the sky, pop goes the power! You call up the sub station and the conversation goes something like this

You: Bhaiya light kyoon band kar di?
Sub station guy: Arrey apko dikh nahi raha, toofan aa raha hai!
You: Arrey bhaiya, yeh toofan nahin, halki si hawa chal rahi hai, light kitne deir mein on karoge aap?
Sub station guy: Jab toofan ruk jayega tab.
You: Par hawa ko rukne mein to pata nahin kitna time lagega.
Sub station: Agar kuch line mein break down ho gaya, usko repair karne se to kum time hi lagega!

All this happens just for the fact that we have an ancient transmission system, which was built at time when people did not have 3-4 ac's in their homes. Noida was once called a 'No power cut zone'. But this was more than a decade ago. The consumption of electricity has grown many folds, but sadly the infrastructure has never been able to keep up pace. Mayawati aka 'Bhenji' did break the famous 'Noida Jinx' and i thought that she would probably due to something for Noida this time, but alas her legacy is just a few ugly statues, which i am sure will be taken down and sold off, as soon as a non BSP government comes into power in UP!

The power situations in Bangalore also have improved considerably. It was bad only during I-P-L when we used to have 2 hours schedule power cuts. Now there will be almost 24 hours electricity.

enjoy the uninterrupted services folks.. 😛

OK i wanna ask 1 thing ...is power pricing costly in delhi than the other states???what is the power price per unit at the place u live???

From what I see of the prices, it seems reasonable. Though I have to add I have seen cheaper tariffs, if only marginally.

The situation in Noida, especially in my sector is quite funny. You would think that rain, clouds, cool wind is good thing right? Wrong! ... pop goes the power!
!

yeah, I have noticed this in G.noida and noida both..going by the same logic europeans should stay without power for half the year

Then wr r really lucky. We hardly see any power cut throught thr year. Last i remember was in januaray for 10 mins.

Lucky you. We are down to 10 hours/day here in Palamau, Jharkhand because of decreased production.