• Thread starter Thread starter sean1880
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 5,268

sean1880

Regular
ISP
tata docomo gsm, mtnl
i came back to delhi on 30 may 2011 and since then there has not been even a single second of power cut in my area ....nd dat too in the peak summers when there were frequent power cuts at nyt since i have been living here from 1992.....hw can dat b possible???? has delhi becum like mumbai where dere r no power cuts??

paisa faink tamasha dekh.hehe

not even a single power cut during my 5 days of stay...nw lets see what happens for the rest of the month..

i guess privatization worked in delhi. government keeps on pushing the operators to provide better services. no such luck for us folks in gurgaon.

Oh Delhi has private power? Damn. That's awesome. What are the charges like?

There is no fluctuation in the power supply. Power cut happens but, is not more than 5-10 minutes.
Power cut could be as long as 2 hours but, that's a rarity.

We are expecting hike in the rates anytime soon, from the present Rs 2.45, to Rs 4.60 per unit.
As of now, residents of Delhi pay Rs 2.45 per unit up to 200 units,
Rs 3.95 for 201-400 units and Rs 4.65 above 400 unit.

For more visit, Gurgaon Forum Click Here

Yes, there have been very few power cuts this time !Infact, I remember only one (I was installing ubuntu that time ! :/)Good going, I really hope it stays the same.

yeah in my area... malviya nagar(south delhi), power cuts have become a rarity!!

i guess privatization worked in delhi. government keeps on pushing the operators to provide better services. no such luck for us folks in gurgaon.

govt. takes money from operators , inturn they keep prices high and profits too, inturn they give more lights to public so that they could earn something to give monthly bribes to govt.:iclap: and save some for themselves.

btw its been straight 12 hours and in my area there is no lights.:ghost:

12 hours? Are you in some village?

its a normal thing in ghaziabad every summer but this time its better, i just came from power house , they are changing some electrical parts and more 3-4 hours will take.
next years elections year mayawati preparing for that , when she won sharanpur seat there was LITERALLY NO CUT there that city had become mumbai. next time when she lost from there it was hell 18 hours cut.

What type of backup are you using man :doh:

12 hours? Freaking 12 hours? Huh!

1killo watt inverter with 4 tubular batteries:solid:

works for 16-18 hours with tv moderate viewing, and more without it😉

still !!!! damm that is the worst place to live power cuts wise, i remember going without 72 hrs once, if it was not for full back up gens in the place i was staying i would have moved out in a heart beat.

glad to see delhi has has improved that way now judging by posts . delhi too was bad in summers , but nothing like gurgoun 😕

I miss the mid-night power cut days, back in ~2002s, time passing all night on roof, having fun, memories..but yeah, no power cuts here in my place, last time it happened when weekend storms and rains hit delhi.