NO Landline Instrument?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ray
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 10,653

Ray

I have got a new connection installed (VDSL) and guy coming to install said that landline instrument are not in stock and will give them later, then after 7 days when I didnt get it I made a call to 121 and they say they are not giving instrument unless executive who booked it committed to it and they need written proof of that.

I have used airtel in past and hey gave a new instrument that time, anyone has faced this problem ?

Thanks

They don't provide it anymore.

They charge extra for instrument. old days policies are gone.

right. i have not been offered a handset in recent times. it might be a good idea to buy a good one yourself. too bad even the most basic instruments cost upwards of rs. 1000.

Hi,
I got it from them recently, when my connection was installed on 5th April, 2017. I thought, I was being charged for it, but they confirmed it was for free. It's a basic handset with speaker and caller ID. Even though I have a cordless phone and don't require it, but they still provided everyone in our apartment.

because of the all inclusive landline offer on (all?) broadband plans... landline device should be provided logically. i wish airtel offered from a bunch of models. they could get their customers better prices (like the vdsl router) compared to market prices.

Ok thanks...

I took 1099 plan with 3 months advance rental with 0 installation. Now I want to upgrade as 90gb is not enough for me. So I called up 121 and supervisor says I cant upgrade plan or else my deposit will get lapse and i will have to pay same amount as per plan without any adjustments with already paid amount?

Sales person gave me connection told me that I can upgrade plan anytime, i took him in con call but still airtel CC is not convinced,

Is it worth giving a disconnect request? do they really disconnect or come back...

Last edited:
Airtel are con artists, especially the sales team. They told me, that if I pay 3 months rental in advance the modem is free or I have to pay ₹1000 for the modem. Since this beetel one is giving me trouble and I don't want it anymore and I want to buy my own modem, they are not going to adjust this amount from my bill. CC is saying this amount went towards installation charges and modem was free.

I can't understand what installation they did in my place, the cabling was done when our building was under construction and this same cable was used by Tata Docomo and BSNL. All they did was bring the fiber cable from their exchange to our apartment and installed all the necessary equipment to provide connection to our society.

@Ray where are you from?

Since it's new connection I think they might agree for a disconnection, but you never know. I think you should threaten and see what happens because I was promised the same that you can upgrade anytime, but in my case never went for the advance rental and it doesn't make sense that you can't change now and if you do, you forfeit your money.

South Delhi.....what's the next level when it comes to customer care...where you can escalate the issue?
and yes changing plan (that too upgrading) lapses your money is a very stupid and unbelievable thing to hear.

i am not sure i find airtel at fault here. you prepaid for a specific term. if you change the term, the whole deal lapse. i cannot expect excitel to give me 100mbps in the middle of the month because i prepaid for a full month on 50mbps just because i am ready to pay more. i am sure they would be happy to issue me a new id and let me prepay for 100mbps... but changing existing prepaid account... that's something airtel has to agree to.

You should contact the nodal authorities and ask them for help, see if they can manage something or else you are stuck with this plan for the next three months.