No ISP in Sector 46, Gurgaon ?

MrinalBanerji

I got banned!
Hi All,

I am really baffled and need some of your help and advice. I have moved in Sector 46, Gurgaon and inquired Airtel, TriplePlay, You Broadband, Spectranet and DEN for their broadband and wifi services in the area and was shocked that all of them said they don't provide services in the area !!! Am I living in stone ages? Does anyone have an idea what all ISPs are there in sector 46 and nearby areas? The area is just in front of Cyber Park and hence I find it really hard to believe that none of the ISPs have wiring over here.

Checking with neighbors is a good way to find out ISPs in local market.

Well you can always take an Airtel 4G connection if you fail to find anything else.
Go to the local market and check with the shopkeepers there. Check Nextra website if they provide services in your area.

It's priced similar to Airtel Broadband if your requirement is under 15GB per month.

mmm. airtel 4g is quite expensive. i thought they were charging 1500 bucks plus taxes for 15GB of data. it's 2250 plus taxes 😱

OP my friend in sec 46 said that the airtel boxes are being installed. So my guess is that in a couple of weeks they would start offering connections. In the meantime do a reconnaissance for dug up roads, blue boxes.

Bsnl connection is poor so if you can wait then go for airtel.

Update :

So after denying my request of installation the first time, the Airtel guys called me up and said that they are in the process of wiring up the region and they should commence services in a weeks time presumably. Let's see how long do they take.

meanwhile look at their plans are curse yourself for being in an area where there is no alternative but airtel.

Last edited:
...where there is no alternative but airtel.

🙂 While searching for more options, I stumbled upon Rail Wire broadband services scheduled to be launched in a week's time over there. Any info how's the service? Though I am researching about it on my own as well.

Update 2: Been more than a week, never heard back from Airtel. Had entered my details on BSNL website 8 days ago and got a call today that they have received my request for information !!!
I am really exasperated now with this dismal performance of all ISPs w.r.t. Sec-46 !! I mean 'cmon guys, is this the Digital India we are thinking about with huge houses and no ISPs around :-(

Any idea about railwaire. There's a local cable guy in nearby sector who is inclined to cover sec 46 in a few days. On my research about railwire reviews, I get a mixed impression. Also talked to Touchnet India (:: Touchnet India ::) and they provide FTTH in sector 46. DO we have any users of Touchnet over here sharing their reviews? Their plans are pretty affordable.