• Thread starter Thread starter Dhiraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 19,858

Dhiraj

ISP
JioFiber
Hi Guys

So I am experiencing this incoming call issue on jio network since a month.

Jio cell tower is just two buildings away from my house and I always have full Network strength. But when people try to call me, it often says my number is unavailable. I have to toggle on off airplane mode to start getting calls again. It happens randomly.

I know it is not just me or my phone because my wife who also has a JIO
number experiences the same issue.

I have tried all the troubleshooting including resetting network settings, but to no avail. Any help that you guys can provide in troubleshooting will be greatly appreciated.

Been facing similar issues.
Initially thought it was due to VoWiFi
Have disabled VoWiFi but still randomly the incoming and outgoing calls do not work.

I am also facing same issue. Although my Jio number is not primary, so not sure when it happens, but occasionally if someone calls Jio number, they get number unavailable message. This is happening in Pune, MH circle.
Looks like widespread issue with Jio mobile?

Thanks @SVK for confirming. Anyone else facing this issue ? I never had this problem before and both me and my numbers are primary. Big issue. And there will be no point complaining this to jio customer care.

Recently my Aunt's IDEA number in Pune was giving out of network coverage message for incoming calls but everything else was working fine.

Contacted VI customer care on twitter and issue got resolved in a couple of days, not sure if they specifically responded to my query or it resolved by itself somehow...

I am facing similar issue on vowifi (not always) not sure weather problem is with Jio or ISP or both. I cannot disable vowifi as in one room I need vowifi for call quality and in hall I don't need vowifi, still trying to figure out what to do. Although this technology will take time to mature.

Haha i thought i am the only one with this issue.
People complain that my jio number sometimes says not available and shit while on my airtel all the calls go through.

And now I am noticing a new thing. If you miss a call ( like your phone rings for 10 full rings and you don't pick up), you get a sms from Jio that you missed a call. This is new. Is it happening with others too?

Isn't that applicable only when the phone's switched off, or out of network coverage?

Yeah exactly. But now it sends a sms if you don’t pick the call up.

And now I am noticing a new thing. If you miss a call ( like your phone rings for 10 full rings and you don't pick up), you get a sms from Jio that you missed a call. This is new. Is it happening with others too?
Yes, happens with me

This issue seems to be phone specific on jio. I have observed it on OnePlus (6 and 7 pro) and iPhone (11). The problem is that the phone loses volte and jio doesn't work without volte. Restarting the phone restores volte and it starts working again.
Not facing it on Pixel 4a or Samsung A71.

Guys has anyone got the issue resolved? I ported to jio last month and have been facing this issue since then. Whoever calls me just listens that I'm out of coverage area, even when I've full network

Facing this issue for a few months now. I even changed my phone and got a new one due to this issue but it's here to stay i guess xd