• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 6,054
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverbyte

ISP
Airtel
I learnt from the Airtel Broadband customer service that there is going to be no broadband upgrades for IPTV. So all the nice offers of 100 rs double speed, speed doubling in June, new cheaper offers, etc. are not applicable for IPTV.Now 999 in Airtel IPTV gets you 256 kbps + TV. Whereas, one can pay 599 for 512 kbps in MTNL and get Airtel DTH's best package for 300/-. On mentioning this, Airtel starts on the "Time Shift" advantage.They called me up multiple times, but this is getting to be really bad now - I think the IPTV consumer would ideally be first in line for upgrades, because he/she is consuming multiple services from Airtel.It makes more sense to get other broadband packages + TV separately than IPTV.

Airtel should start providing 256Kbps Unlimited for Rs.299 per month without any Fair Usage Policy.

If IPTV users are treated this way, I will seriously consider dumping IPTV and going for broadband. I may look for other options for my TV viewing.Time Shift is great but it's not that great that I will accept being penalized like this.... 🙁What a mess.... I am regretting going for Airtel IPTV now because of this....

do you guys really believe that airtel would charge double the money for broadband from IPTV customers? really?

I don't know....But, if they discriminate against IPTV users, I will most probably dump IPTV.I won't be taken for a ride... Period. 🙁

IPTV plans are updated late. that is a problem. but seriously, they would have to double the speeds on the iptv plans too. otherwise no one is going to continue with it. 🙂 airtel must have invested a lot for their IPTV venture... they cannot be seriously thinking charging us double the prices for the same broadband speeds! the only problem i can think is the top speed that can be delivered along with IPTV transmission. 2mbps could become a problem or not. but 1 mbps is doing fine. so i assume they could dump the 2mbps plan and stick with 512k and 1mbps plans on IPTV packages.

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense. They keep promoting the IPTV packages with their internet plans. Hell, I get calls from them every other week, even when I've constantly told them I'm not interested. So, it would make no sense to discriminate the IPTV users. I'm sure the speeds will be doubled for everyone.

yeap. the only thing is that they should not delay it much otherwise it would become a nuisance for us customers. i would shut down my connection... i am prepared to do it. the logo on the feed has become a major annoyance for me.

guys,
I wrote to airtelpresence@airtel.in today (they're also on twitter "airtelpresence"). They told me that they are looking into it, but they never got back to me - however this email address is seemingly more proactive than their regular customer care.

We need to write in at airtelpresence to make our case - I really dont want to live with 256 kbps, when the rest of the country is on 1mbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.