No Bridge Mode in ZTE F670LV9.0

• Thread starter Thread starter barryhues
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 35,057
ISP
Airtel
Hello,
I recently got a new Airtel Xstream Broadband connection and was provided with ZTE F670LV9.0 router. I tried to configure Bridge mode but couldn't find any option for it in WAN profile settings. Previously I had BSNL FTTH and Bridge mode was easily configured without any hassle. Please help me how can I enable bridge mode on my router. I live in UP West

Guys, I am trying to use my old router as a repeater as I am not getting strong signal in my other room. For that I used WDS mode in my other router and got it to work. But now only google and youtube are working and even my primary wifi stops working if I switch on the other router. I tried using PPPoE method with id and password on my secondary router (after adding bridge mode and port forwarding) but it is unable to connect. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
@rishabhfr Second point first, Bridge mode on Airtel needs to be activated from their backend. Only after it is done, you can use the PPPoE credentials in the second router to connect.

Now the first problem, when Google and YT refuse to work, you are connected to which network? How many routers are on the network apart from the primary Airtel router?

Anyway when it goes offline, run a traceroute to see on which router the packet loss happens. That should give you a fair idea which router is causing the problems in the connection. Then you can dive into the router settings to see if there is a problem in settings.

Upvote 0
To anyone who is using this device bridged, are you able to use WiFi calling when connected to your router?
Also, is IPv6 working natively?

Upvote 0
My router is pcengine apu1d, I am getting error "Connection attempt failed".
I have a Archer C6 running openwrt. Followed the instructions posted by deleted account. Same error. When i try using DHCP, I get an IP but I am unable to access external IPs. However internal (192.168.1.0/24 (ont) and 192.168.6.0/24 (openwrt))
ones still work. @nikku_hot123 did you find any solution?

Upvote 0
I have a ZTE F670L ONT/Router from Airtel, and today I sent an email to 121@airtel.com asking for bridge mode to be enabled. Shortly after I got an email saying they can’t enable bridge mode. Is Airtel no longer enabling bridge mode?

As per your concern, we regret inform you that we are unable to activate bridge mode.

Inconvenience is deeply regretted. We appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Upvote 0
I think it'd be best if people just stop bothering airtel for such a reason. ZTE F670LV9.0 can be enabled for bridge on your own. You can also have multiple WAN profiles; if you want your telephone line to keep working.

123.png

Upvote 0
That is exactly the correct way; you are definitely not doing it correctly. Ensure you change the row "value" and "title" to bridge for effectiveness.
Anyway, ZTE is a very good ONU/Router. I use bridge only for testing.

Upvote 0
I changed only the value, would that cause any issues? After I refreshed the page it did show as a bridged interface tho

Upvote 0
@Lolita_Magnum Thank you, my bad, I missed reading that post. I followed the instructions and sure enough, was able to create the bridge profile and I bound it to a port (LAN3 in my case). However, I am unable to establish PPPoE connection from my other router for some reason.

5jl3BTN.png

zsk0cDg.png

Upvote 0