No Airtel Plans With Night Unlimited 256 Kbps Like Mtnl?

• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,580

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
Hi, I checked the Airtel tariffs. There seem to be no night unlimited 256 kbps packs with a download limit during daytime like MTNL Triband. Am I right? In that case MTNL seems a better choice for downloading things at a price of around Rs. 500. Very disappointing that Airtel doesn't have such a plan 🙁 It's either charging a lot for its 256 plans or putting nasty download limits on them.

i used mtnl for 6 months its service is great which although is not expected frm mtnl but stil the internet is better than that of airtel, when they say 256 they give 256 or atleast 250 unlike airtel :angry: :angry: And btw that night unltd plan is for Rs. 670 p.m(599+80) and not 500. That is why i shifted to airtel coz i got unltd usage for 780 (128kbps). So think again dude 😉 🙂.Also if u wanna go in for the 256 unltd plan in mtnl it'll cost u 1399 while in airtel 999 so i wud'nt say mtnl's cheap.

Thanks for the reply. Well, I was talking about around Rs. 500 and Rs. 670 is close. Airtel has such plans for 128 kbps but its 256 kbps plans are too expensive for me around Rs. 1000 or they have ridiculous limits. So Airtel is less affordable for me for a true broadband (256) experience.Also yeah I am hearing 99 % times that MTNL has better service than anyother ISP. And for me the great thing is the Central Office/DSLAM/Exchange of MTNL is barely 300 m. from my home 😀. Can't wait to get MTNL.

ya both mtnl and airtel hv their advantages and disadvantages finally its upto you to choose 😉

Dude there are two reasons why MTNL seems to provide speeds close to what they promise aleast in Delhi.1) Sync Rate policy of MTNL Delhi. They have taken into account the PPPoE overhead which eats up abt 16% of ur bandwidth. Say u have a 256 K line and the telco syncs u at 256 K only then the actual speed that u get is 256-256*16% = 215 Kbps. It seems MTNL delhi are aware of this loss hence they increase the sync rate to compensate for the loss i.e. the sync rate for 256 K line is 288 Kbps and for 512 Kbps is 576 Kbps. But MTNL mumbai doesnt follow this policy and their speeds are not close to what they advertise unless ofcourse someone has been synced incorrectly. Airtel uses PPPoA which has an even higher overhead than PPPoE which means that u can easily deduct abt 17-18% from ur sync rate, say if its 256 K then spd u'll get is 212 Kbps or if u have 128 kbps it'll be around 106 Kbps.2) MTNL doesnt have many Untld plan users coz it has a very expensive unltd plan, that also available only in delhi, infact with telephone line charges included (which are mandatory) it costs Rs.1653/month even if u use ur own modem. On the other hand Airtel definately has more unltd users coz of its cheap (comparitively) Unltd plans - @ 64 Kbps; 128 Kbps ; 256 Kbps.We can only compare the two when MTNL comes under similar load through introduction of cheap unltd plans and still manages to have as many satisfied customers as Airtel. Therefore, at this point i would say Airtel is a better ISP than MTNL.PS chk the BSNL forum Airtel is rated better than BSNL