• Thread starter Thread starter gurtejgps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,326
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance
I am a Reliance Wired Plan customer (T699), for the last 2-3 days I am unable to log on to facebook, all other sites are working fine.
I had problems with wikipedia too a day before yesterday,but now it's running fine. The only problem is I am unable to log on to facebook's login page or on any other page from all my devices and all my browsers.
I called reliance guys and they were surprisingly polite but unsurprisingly dumb, the guy on other side had no idea what was going on and he was just trying to end the phone call, after sometime when his efforts were not working for him, he just said that this problem is being reported by many others and this is because many people are logging on to facebook (What??) you think I am crazy???.
life has become pathetic, family isn't very happy without facebook 😛
I just wanted to know If i am the only one with this weird problem??, and is it common to not able to access one particular site??

Facebook is working fine at my end. No problem whatsoever.

Yeah working here too..I'll suggest you to use GoogleDNS or OpenDNS..that might solve your problem

I hope you checked with someone else's account apart from yours? Not sure if you are unable to get to the FB page itself or just unable to login...

Reliance DNS is very unreliable. Use one of Reliance DNS as primary, and either of Google DNS/openDNS as secondary.
I had the same problem too. Infact, I still face it. m.facebook works, touch.facebook.com works, but facebook.com won't open. Changing the DNS helped a bit but still no clue why Facebook won't work all the time. Wikipedia didn't work yesterday for me, but working fine since last night.

I have the same problem, m.facebook.com was working, and it wasn't just my own profile, not even the login page was showing up. I tried changing the DNS also, but to no avail, only proxies were working, which are too slow to go with a reliance connection 😛I called the reliance team again in the morning, and this time persuaded them to register a complaint. They sent an 'engineer' at my site. Which was a surprise in a way. He just enquired what was the problem, and I just typed 'facebook.com' and to my embarrassment it opened up... Now it's running fine. Thanks for all of your replies. And when I asked him why the speed slows down at evenings, he was on the same reply in a second "technical upgrade" with a grim.I tried to show him my desperation, by saying " how long it will go?? I have been listening to this from February and now it's June"... But seriously, thanks a lot guys for your suggestions and help..

Status
Not open for further replies.