No 5.1 Audio in HD channels

I tried my level best, but there is no sign of 5.1 output from any HD channel in VD2H. As usual the CC is saying that it will come soon. Nowadays MoviesNow is showing all great movies in 1080p and 5.1 DD. Missing half the show, because of Videocon D2H 🙁

I wud just repeat here again.....ur left back sound comes from left back. Right back, comes from right back. Front left comes from front left. And front right, comes from front right.....with the woofer giving bass. What else do u want in a 5.1 channel audio?

Just 5.1 sound audio is, simply put, sound that completely surrounds you. It means a speaker in virtually every corner of the room, projecting high-quality digital sound at you from all angles just as though you were in a theater.

Real 5.1 surround sound and better, when the system is of a high enough quality, as “TRUE” surround sound. This is because the five speakers allow for two left and right front speakers, two left and right rear speakers (behind your head), a quality center speaker (thus the “5” in 5.1), and a powered subwoofer for deep, rumbling bass tones (that’s the “.1” in 5.1). When digital surround sound signals (such as Dolby or THX) are played through a system like this, you enter a wholly new realm of sound, with thundering explosions, dynamic music, and subtle, encompassing sound effects all around your room.

Both are good, The difference is like a Movie in Upscalled HD & Real HD, Difference is Difference... it depends on person what we want...

As if i didnt knew all this. U r not getting my point as well.

When i say a sound meant for coming from left back, comes ONLY from left back.
Right back, comes ONLY from right back.
Front left comes ONLY from front left.
And front right, comes ONLY from front right.....with the woofer giving bass.

Isnt that CLEAR ENOUGH? Oh, btw, do u know that in the above, when i said "Right back, Left back, Front left, Front right, i referred to a 5.1 channel speaker system? 😕

Maybe its not true Jaymin. My reciever is detecting only 2 channel input from the reciever, means I am not getting 5.1 from VD2H. CC also confirmed the same. If I put it in cinema mode, where it enhance the surround sound from a 2 channnel, I also feels that the sound is enhanced to come from different direction, but I know its only a perception and nowhere near the real 5.1.

Jaymin. Let me put it this way.Real 5.1 is just as the maker of the content expected you to hear the sound. Which Videocon does not provide. There is no point discussing that.Neither is your setup capable of that (I believe you connected a 5.1 speaker to your TV which recieves the signal from the d2h box. Please correct me if you have upgraded the same.).If it is the same setup. May I ask if your speakers come with seperate channel output wires for front and rear stereo and a third one for center? If not all that is happening in your case is that the speaker setup is simply dithering frequencies. You are not hearing what the content maker intended you to.oh yeah. I almost forgot. No DTH provider has 5.1 over HDMI. Its either over optical/coaxial.I have hooked my reciever over coaxial for TS+ and optical for Dish Tru+

I thought I made it very clear by saying that I have 5.1 channel set connected to my TV. And in that I m getting the sounds the way I have mentioned. Now I haven't seen a 5.1 channel speaker set which doesn't have separate slots for all the 5 satellites it supports. So u mean to say that the system just "dithers" the frequencies so well so that I hear a left back sound only from left back satellite and no other?

PS: btw sorry for the Tapatalk signature.... Had just bought it and forgot to change that setup!

Absolutely. Here the TV and speaker set is doing whatever it can do. There is bound to be a huge frequency set you are completely missing out on. Maybe a whole musical instrument in a song and the likes. 🙂But then again you will anyway miss a lot since videocon itself is saving space by not providing 5.1 (Mayb thats how they are carrying 22 Asli HD)I repeat again TRUE 5.1 is not available over HDMI.If u are liking your current setup. You will be blown out of your seat if you hear the real decoded stuff. Try hitting any audio showroom and figure.

Again, they should atleast give 5.1 in movie and music HD channels.Again, they should atleast give 5.1 in movie and music HD channels.

Bhailog, Dolby Digital audio will be enabled by mid-december. One of our member Bhaskarkilli who recently purchased d2h has raised this issue and videocon has replied with this time frame on their Facebook Page. So, wait till December 😱

Absolutely. Here the speaker set is doing whatever it can do. There is bound to be a huge frequency set you are completely missing out on. Maybe a whole musical instrument in a song and the likes. 🙂

But then again you will anyway miss a lot since videocon itself is saving space by not providing 5.1 (Mayb thats how they are carrying 22 Asli HD)

I repeat again TRUE 5.1 is not available over HDMI.

If u are liking your current setup. You will be blown out of your seat if you hear the real decoded stuff. Try hitting any audio showroom and figure.

Dont u think u r referring more to Dolby Digital 5.1, and not just plain 5.1?? 🙂

Bhailog, Dolby Digital audio will be enabled by mid-december. One of our member Bhaskarkilli who recently purchased d2h has raised this issue and videocon has replied with this time frame on their Facebook Page.

So, wait till December 😱

Good, atleast there is a timeline specified

jaymin, cud you elaborate on what is "plain" 5.1?Are you trying to imply that hearing sound through five speakers and a sub is 5.1?Btw what brand speakers do you use?

As if i didnt knew all this. U r not getting my point as well.

When i say a sound meant for coming from left back, comes ONLY from left back.
Right back, comes ONLY from right back.
Front left comes ONLY from front left.
And front right, comes ONLY from front right.....with the woofer giving bass.

Isnt that CLEAR ENOUGH? Oh, btw, do u know that in the above, when i said "Right back, Left back, Front left, Front right, i referred to a 5.1 channel speaker system? 😕

Easy Tiger! There is a huge difference when there are 5 different channels of output provided by the STB - when the HT has to just parse them through. and route them to appropriate speakers, rather than just having 2 channels, which then the HT uses its algorithm to figure out how to split them to 5 channels and then route to speakers.

I own a Samsung 5.1 HT (not the latest one, this is 5+ years old, but has Dolby & DTS Support) which has a Dolby Pro Logic mode where it converts the 2 channel audio into a simulated 5.1 output. Like you said, I do feel that I am listening to real 5.1 channel sound, but let me tell you - there is a huge difference. For one - the 5 channel sounds are 'cut-out' & 'trimmed' from the 2 channel source, which means it doesn't have the detail and richness of a real 5 channel source. 2 Channel sources mostly come at bitrate of ~128Kbps while the 5 channel sources are generally upwards of 500 Kbps. This in itself should be a key point - the more the bitrate, the more the detail/richness of the audio.

You may still enjoy the simulated 5.1, but let me tell assure you - its not the same as 5 channel source. As an anology - this more like looking at a real iPhone and one of those fake Chinese imitation. They look the same - both look wise and feel wise, but then dig deep and you see those ugly sides of the cheap imitation against the polished perfection of the genuine one.

If you want to really experience it yourself, let me suggest this. Download two DVD Rips of any good movies (suggested - a Hollywood action movie - for its sound effects). ensure that the first one has 2 channel audio and the second one has 5.1 audio (most Rips have this information updated in the info file). Watch/Listen to both of them - the two channel one in the simulated mode and the five channel one as it is. Once you do this, let us know if you feel the difference - or if you would still prefer the simulated ones.