No 5.1 Audio in HD channels

So a friend is planning to buy the HD or HD/DVR box depending on availability. So do we get 5.1 Audio now. I went through the thread, but still unsure what is the status now.

Any idea folks...

So a friend is planning to buy the HD or HD/DVR box depending on availability. So do we get 5.1 Audio now. I went through the thread, but still unsure what is the status now.
Out of 22, 14 HD channels are having Dolby Digital Audio .

how to get the software updated ? i heard it is needed to get 5.1 sound via hdmi cable

Jaymin said:
This tendency is called the illusionary effect created by a particular terminology. Coz i still havent got the answer to the question that i have asked. If simulated 5.1 channel gives u the same output like real, then whats the difference?If in a scene theres a cycle passing from behind the subject & u actually turn behind to see if there was a cycle passing along......what more do u want? That damn sound is just moving from ur rear left to the rear right. The front speakers are damn silent. If that effect can be simulated, then what is Real?
Err I know this post is a year late but I could give it a go to try & explain it to you... Suppose there are 6 ppl all whom should get a roti each to eat... That means 6 roties in total... Say I just too 2 roties & divided them into 6 parts & gave a piece to each...Will you say both these situations are the same weather the input is 2 roties or 6 roties?? Now they are not that hungry they wouldn't mind the reduced amt of roties(ie casual listener)... But if they were hungry they wouldnt be satisfied with the smaller share of roties & demand a full roti each(ie more experienced listener)... BTW if you want I could demonstrate in person (using a very very good & costly 5.1 set) & demonstrate the diff between the simulated 5.1 sound & the true HD 5.1 sound... The diff in night & day...

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,255);]man videocon cc sucks to the core, i heard here in the forum that dolby digital sound is possible in HD channels via HDMI itself but after a software upgrade which the cc guys dont know about at all , please help, my soundbar is 2.1 channel with separate subwoofer ,but supports dolby digital and dts too along with pcm [/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,255);], i have a normal HD box(not dvr) , and i have a soundbar samsung, now my sound bar has hdmi in and out , 1 optical input and 1 aux input , how do i get dolby sound from it now, i saw HD box has 1 spdif and 1 av out .[/color]

Wow, at last, DD from my HD BOX , the Mumbai guy again called and said there is no dolby from hdmi yet, and it's in working,........ But i still said just upgrade my software still He said ok, but it will be in service center, so he sent a guy with stand by HD box but turned out it was with latest download ID, 36.........it has all DD from HDMI and usb recording feature as well , and i will not be getting my own box now, I have 11 months warranty left, so I am ok with this used but all features box 🙂I cannot tell you the improvements in sound bar sound quality now, just awesome 😀 😀

Hi Friends,
I purchased a Videocon d2h...and when I connected using the AV output of the STB..to HT....I'm not getting the 5:1 sound effect...still it is giving stereo 2:1 sound effect.
Note : My home theater does not have Coaxial input....it has RCA....
Is there any converter I've to use...to connect from S/PDIF port of my STB to HT.

ishaan said:
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,255);]man videocon cc sucks to the core, i heard here in the forum that dolby digital sound is possible in HD channels via HDMI itself but after a software upgrade which the cc guys dont know about at all , please help, my soundbar is 2.1 channel with separate subwoofer ,but supports dolby digital and dts too along with pcm [/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(245,245,255);], i have a normal HD box(not dvr) , and i have a soundbar samsung, now my sound bar has hdmi in and out , 1 optical input and 1 aux input , how do i get dolby sound from it now, i saw HD box has 1 spdif and 1 av out .[/color]
Yes, Ishaan. A software upgrade to ID 43/44 is needed for DD output thru HDMi to work. Also make sure your HDMI is v 1.3 and above. Most of the CC guys are not aware of this feature. So just ask the videocon CC to arrange for the software upgrade on ur STB and enjoy DD output via HDMi cable.

After your software update, or for new connections, in HD channels to get the DD output you need to press the 'i' button on the remote, followed by pressing the yellow button for language, and there if supported it will show 'language 1/2(english)' , and on pressing right key, it will switch to 'language 2/2 (english dolby digital).
I have to do this everytime to switch to DD :/ wish they would patch this