Nivyah Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter svagyan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 65,772
Iam from Thane.I call Nivyah CC many times to send their customer executive,even thy taken my address so many times but still they are not coming.Customer care representative is telling that they will surely call u in 2 days and our representative will come,but nobody came uptill now:huh:

too low upload speed on nivyahsome1's speedtest shown it is 57kb/s not 57KB/stoo low for video chatting

I have been using their 1mbps unlimited since the past 5 months! I must say it is awesome! I am getting speeds of upto 800KbBPS and download speeds around 110 KBps! I recommend it to everyone! It is too good!It never disconnects and has been down only for 2 days in the past 5 months!Awesome!

Hello everyone I was considering Nivyah Broadband.. Their customer service called to take my address and said they would send some one in 2 days.. I had one question though.. Can I use a wireless router to run it on multiple computers or no? Like all the other ISP's..

Hello everyone I was considering Nivyah Broadband.. Their customer service called to take my address and said they would send some one in 2 days.. I had one question though.. Can I use a wireless router to run it on multiple computers or no? Like all the other ISP's..

Actually, on ANY AND ALL ISP's you can add a (wireless) router between their equipment (Cable/DSL/WiMAX Modem) and your computer.

One of the reasons ISPs in India are not fond of Wireless Routers is a matter of legality - they are legally required to keep track of them for "security reasons" or some BS - it's in the ISP license, which they could lose if they don't follow.

India is VERY backwards in this respect, and it's completely retarded: go to any country/city in Europe and if you can't find a WiFi Access Point, you're probably in the middle of nowhere.

yeah the latest i heard is that all wireless customers would have to register themselves with their ISPs. 60 days have been given to ISPs to generate the list!

Thanks.. just made the payment to the representative.. He said it could take upto 20 days.. so now its just a wait and watch.. have applied for their 1mpbs/2mpbs plan..

yeah the latest i heard is that all wireless customers would have to register themselves with their ISPs.

60 days have been given to ISPs to generate the list!

Wireless customers ?

I use MTNL on an ADSL wireless router I own. Do I have to register also ? or its only for people using wireless routers provided by MTNL ?

Wireless customers ?

I use MTNL on an ADSL wireless router I own. Do I have to register also ? or its only for people using wireless routers provided by MTNL ?

Technically/Legally speaking, in order to fulfill the obligations of having an ISP license, we [ISPs] are supposed to know who has a WiFi capable router and I think we're even supposed to provide education on securing it.

Of course, generating a 100% complete and accurate list is nearly impossible so long as consumers can walk in to a store and buy such a device.

In my opinion, it's a damn stupid requirement: what possible use could the gov't have for knowing that someone has a wireless router? None of this is required in North America, Europe, Japan, South Korea... or... actually... really anywhere else on the planet that I can think of off the top of my head. I found the ubiquity and availability of WiFi access in some cities in Europe (Helsinki springs to mind, but Tallinn extremely well covered) VERY useful.