• Thread starter Thread starter vln_arun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 5,518

vln_arun

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
Mumbai: Nimbus Communication Limited is all set to bag rights to broadcast all cricket matches from South Africa in Asia. Nimbus' rights to telecast games from South Africa is set to start from Australia's tour scheduled to begin in February 2009.

During the tour Australia are to play three Test matches and five ODIs. An official announcement on Nimbus getting the Asian rights is expected to be made in due course.

For the last one year, Ten Sports had the Asian broadcast rights for all cricket played in South Africa. But a change has been effected in that, following the end of the contract period. Ten's rights were not renewed and the Cricket South Africa (CSA)'s broadcast partners SuperSport have now licensed the same to Nimbus.

Officially though CSA is not willing to say anything on the sale of rights in Asia. ''I have not heard any such thing. This is news to me,'' CSA CEO Gerald Majola told cricketnirvana.com SuperSport CEO Imtiaz Patel was unavailable for a comment, but senior Ten Sports officials claimed that the rights are staying with them

source:

Nimbus bags South Africa TV rights | News - CRICKET NIRVANA - Soul of Indian Cricket

I would be happy if the rights goes to nimbus as due to ICL Tensports are not telecating the matches live.......:cool2:

that means........neo is going to telecast....oh man....too bad...........

Where as Tensports are not telecasting the live matches when any ICL matches are played...........🙁

They were not telecasting because SA was playing with Bang.. ICL was more interesting than Bang matches ..

Then what about Pak - WI ODI matches they did not telecast the final ODI match because of ICL...........if ICL is important to them then its better that Tensports should not acquire rights for international cricket.........

May be because they must be getting more money from Z group to telecast the ICL matches ..

ZEE hold 50% stake in TEN SPORTS, so may be TEN have to telecast ICL.BTW good that Nimbus/NEO increasing their area.

Good..? They have pathetic commentary team.. and the matches are full of advertisement.. Sometimes they even skip last ball of the over .. 😡

Good..? They have pathetic commentary team.. and the matches are full of advertisement.. Sometimes they even skip last ball of the over .. 😡

sometimes even the first ball they miss ..

I certianly wont agree with you that they have pathetic commentary team atleast for the recently concluded IND - AUS and Ind - eng series the commentry team was good........but i agree with you that they are very poor in putting the ads.......regarding the picture qualtiy no matter which channel telecasts the matches played in the sub continent the picture will be doull only.......

Regardin Neo getting rights for SA cricket...........they wont do anything...they will get the feed from Supersports and pass the feed to neo cricket......and i am sure picture quality will be good for those series......:thumb:

Even if the matches which are played in austalia and england are telecasted in any channel the quality of picture will be good no matter whether it is telecastedin Zee sports or tens ports or neo

today i rad a news article regarding that sm1 has complained to BCCI abt bad broadcast by nimbus sports........BCCI r soon goin to snd a letter to nimbus reegarding the same ..i really hope they improve their presentation frm nw on.....

guys what will will happen if saf matches coincide with any indian domestic series

Indian domestic matches are played between 9.30 to 5.00 pm and SA if day matches are played it starts from 1.30 PM and if it is daynight it starts from 6.00 PM.....