Night usage counted in total download [849NU]

• Thread starter Thread starter strideram
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,894

strideram

ISP
Local Cable (WNet), MTNL Mumbai
i had switched the router off and on after 12 and before 8... the site [register.mtnl.net.in] shows the session as after 12 and before 8... [pic attached]

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3383/screenshotloginpageopereh0.png

is this normal?? i called 1504, they said please call 1664... i called 1664, they said my plan is NOT YET activated!! the engineer came and set it up yesterday, he gave me the login credentials and i can surf the net. the mtnl site mentions my plan as DSL_NU_849... finally i tried complaining at 1504, they replied, speak to 24388808... she eventually said that i need not worry as i ought to get a refund...

somehow i am rather skeptical... has this happened to anyone else??

btw, no one was answering the phone at 24388808, so i will have to try again tomorrow in the afternoon...

r u @ user? like ur username is 2*******@??Because those who'r on alcatel servers may face nuisance.

yes, i am a "@a" user... ie my username is my telephone with the "@a" at the end.

screenshots show uploads not counted... so they have fixed atleast that. hopefully they will fix this too.

Yea, it shows uploads are not counted. But i don't trust MTNL. I am yet to receive last month's bill.

why MTNL is pushing thier users on beta testing servers like alcatel?Are these servers better than MTNL's existing ones?

so, will i be charged?? if its been going on for a month, they do rectify it later?? cuz, otherwise i am gonna end up with a huge bill 🙁

so, will i be charged?? if its been going on for a month, they do rectify it later?? cuz, otherwise i am gonna end up with a huge bill 🙁

Hi dude.. Even I have the same problem.. except in my case, I got a new 590 NU connection (even after 1 year of the plan getting discontinued). So although you can always say that 849NU is a valid NU plan, for ppl like me we run the risk of MTNL saying my plan was invalid in the first place, so we're gonna charge some nominal rate/MB...

If the usage details page shows that UL's are not counted, then maybe its better to save that page. It can be used incase you are charged for UL's.

MTNL has two systems, accounting and technical. The technical dept tracks the usage and gives it 'manually' to the accounting department. So when you activate a plan and its updated only in technical and NOT accounting, these kind of problems may occur. Note the rental that is being charged for you. If its 849 then you can easily show that as proof that your account is supposed to be activated. I've heard case about a guy having similar problems. If it comes as a consolation, he did get his refund back, not just once but in two consecutive months !

If MTNL is promising u that u'll get d refund back and blah blah blah....I'll tell u, u have to run here and there and what they do is just laugh at stupid customers like us, if d controversy is about telephone calls, it can be rectified but triband case is different, and here u can't threaten them that I'll disconnect my connection which I mostly do in case of my mobile service provider and take huge benefits; After all "No 1 wishes to cancel triband if he's left with only 1 ISP like MTNL(in my case)" Its better switch to TriB_200P which has 400 MB usage limit.Because u can download 5 GB+ in NU plan, but if anything will go wrong u'll have to sell ur property!😛Because 1 of my friend staying in Shivaji Park got 35k+ bill in 849 plan, later it was rectified to 5k. But the mental and physical harassment he suffered...I m not that STUD!

PPL i know this a wrong place for this query/post but i'm unable to start a new thread & this is one of the thread which has activity so plz bear with me & help me out!!!!!!I'm using UTStarcom UT-300R2U modem & trying to port forward on it for many days i've followed all usual steps to do it as given in portforward.com the same way but any success & i've also configured firewall via cmd prompt to open ports for doenloading torrents but again no success. My open ports are showing in virtual server but stilt torrents are not working over them. But i'm able to download torrents with opera but with very low download speed & high upload speeds plz people help what else i can do to make them work.........Plz reply me pm me whatever u r comfortable with.....circle MTNL delhiBrowser used for configuration OPERA 9.25(cannot use IE mozilla for that matter any browser apart from opera after recent spyware activity & its subsequent removal)