• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 8,478
Status
Not open for further replies.

assid

ISP
tata indicom broadband + MTNL
As you guys can see the night unlimited has been revoked. Atleast where mumbai packages are concerned. So the question here is, if you renew it and you already had the night unlimited. Do you get to continue it?Also since when did bandwith costs go up twice as much as it was last year.Look at the new rates.. Its horribleCan anyone shed some light as to why all vendors are taking a step back? And literally ripping off the users?

The only good thing in TATA is night unlimited..if they revoke it I'm never renewing..Hopefully the existing customers can keep using night unlimited..

This is Sparta .........Wait a min something is not rightThis is india .land of opportunities 🙂 They charge for every Kb u download 🙁

Well they have removed it. Thats for sure. The question is, what about when we renew our packages. Do we still retain night unlimited.The new packages are just horrible pricing. Both prepaid and postpaid has become expensive. At the moment even shitty hathway is cheaper.

Well TATA Indicom have discontinued the plan and plan for existing users have been changed without notice and they are being charged as per new planMy bill shot up 10 times because of this

Where did you hear or read about this?

A guy from Tata is coming today to collect my filled form. I'm taking this connection specifically for NU. I have called 60607070 twice within the last two weeks, and both times they confirmed that the 499 NU add-on is available. So did the guy who came to my place to check feasibility.

If it's not available anymore, I'll have to turn him back.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

I just now called the Tata Comm guy who's coming to collect the form and he confirmed that the 499 NU is still available.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Is it possible that you guys are on the 299 NU and that has been abruptly discontinued?

Yes, but going by the way these guys work, they might discontinue your plan after 3 months and change it to another plan without notice and charge you for every MB of download and upload

Plan Name Quick Power 150 Rate per Unit (Rs.) 19.95 per Hour Balance Units 104:58:02 HH:MM:SS Speed Up to 2Mbps Night Unlimited Plan ACTIVE Its still active for me..Where are you from ?

I think what's happened is that having recently introduced new prepaid plans (including a higher cost NU add-on), they haven't gracefully accommodated customers on older plans with an obsolete add-on. I believe the 299 NU scheme was running for atleast a couple of years. They aren't likely to change these new tariffs & plans for atleast another year. But I'm going to make sure to my heart's content before handing over the cheque. :frown:

well, these guys are just insane. I have like 8k credit with them. I need to blow up. Any one wanna buy some stuff???

My account is gonna end in june or something and to be honest I dont think i will be renewing. So if anyone wants to buy any of their addons and pay me for it instead, let me know. I want to recover my money out.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

The real question here is what happens once you renew???
Do you get NU? Their website has no information on this. Not even the 499. And the per month rate is just stupidly expensive. It makes more sense to get a 512 unlimited and download day and night instead of just the night.

Hey Guys do not panic. I was also under same impression, while renewing that older plans were not available. But after I had called their customer care, they gave me local dealer's number. He confirmed to me that older renewal plans are pretty much active. But as the site has been under going some major changes, the pakgs list was not updated properly. Also where we are seeing increase in price, that is because of new plan where we can get speed's upto 4 MBPS. So Guys, please choose plans carefully.. to get max out of the every rupee that you spend.-pranKster.:dance:

OK. The Tata connection was installed a couple of hours ago. The night unlimited is available and I signed up for it.

Speedtest shows weird numbers. I'll post a result tonight.

Here's a torrent screeencap:

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6581/tata4mbps.jpg%5D%5B/url%5D%20%5Burl=http://g.imageshack.us/img523/tata4mbps.jpg/1/%5D%5Bimg=http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/tata4mbps.jpg/1/w844.pnghttp://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6581/tata4mbps.jpg

Sweet speed. You took the 4mbps plan it seems. What upload speeds are you getting ?

muttster', Speedtest shows my download as 26xx kbps, even though I can sustain 450+ kBps in torrents, and my upload as 5xx kbps, but I haven't tested my actual upload speed yet.

iChaitanya, No. You can initially get a 3-month package for 5765. When your account is activated, you'll see a balance of 5100 or more (I don't remember exact figure) in your Tata account portal. If you sign up for NU, 499 will be deducted from your balance. You don't pay anything extra. It works like a cellphone package. If you use the connection in the day, then your balance decreases as per the hourly rate (22.80/hr). So, if you use for 30 minutes during the day, then your balance will reduce by 11.40. If you run out of balance, you need to get a renewal pack to add "value"(balance). If you have balance but run out of validity, then a validity top-up is available. Just like the cellphone system.

Status
Not open for further replies.