Night Time Rest still needed ?

• Thread starter Thread starter A_k_s_h_a_y
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,385

A_k_s_h_a_y

ISP
500C
Do we still need to rest the modem after 2 AM to avail complete night time free ??? Till 8.0 Am obviously !! 🙁One guy at digit forum said its not necessary. But a google search on this forum gives old threads which say Yes its necessary !Please clarify !Thank you 🙂

to be on the safer side it's better to restart the modem before 2 and 8..if you still want to take a chance then go ahead..in a couple of weeks we can mostly see a thread from u saying " BSNL huge bill off 10,000 rs"😛

^^ That's an indirect perfect YES to RESET.I have no problems to REST.. the process is easy.But some times after reset, it won't connect even if there is link, it says Authentication failure in the Modem DSL page, even if password was correct and the data led shows up turned off :frown:

Do we still need to rest the modem after 2 AM to avail complete night time free ??? Till 8.0 Am obviously !! 🙁

One guy at digit forum said its not necessary. But a google search on this forum gives old threads which say Yes its necessary !

Please clarify !
Thank you 🙂

Mention your modem model
Just try for one night and see your Usage Data.

Switch on modem/system at at say 1145 PM to 0300 AM and see. Do not/program for d/l any file.

All your usage will be charged or shown in Chargeable units.( most of the time.)
bbservice.bsnl.in log with 14 digit portal ID if IP 117.xx.xx.xx

I have DareGlobal DB108 !And my IP is 5xxxxxx Not 117 !!!And the portal that you gave me, works not for me.

to be on the safer side it's better to restart the modem before 2 and 8..if you still want to take a chance then go ahead..in a couple of weeks we can mostly see a thread from u saying " BSNL huge bill off 10,000 rs"😛
DO NOT FEAR DEAR :thumb:
Resetting the router/model IS NOT REQUIRED AT ALL. For the past 5 minth of my connection I'm using my "Home 500C" to its max and till date NEVER CROSSED my 1.5Gb limit :dance:
Few points for you ...

1. Sync you PC time with time.windows.com (MUST)
2. start ur connection at 2:01 AM (may be with rasdial or mannual)
3. disconnect at 7:58:30 AM
4. connect at 7:59AM
5. disconnect at 8:28:30AM

All ur usage will be under NU 😛And no need to reset ur model at all.

Even I'm seeing second-to-second exact match of my connection/disconnection as my PC is in sync with time.windows.com

Try oneday and feel the difference.

Alright Thanks.
How do you Start your connection !! that is dialing !

I wrote my OWN dialup script which connects/disconnects AUTOMATICALLY.
Just use

[*]Connect: "rasdial "
[*]Dis-Conmnect: "rasdial /DISCONNECT"
[/list]And put it in a *.bat file and add that bat file to Windows scheduler.

Alright Thanks.
How do you Start your connection !! that is dialing !

Are you using PPPoE mode?

I am on PPPoE mode these days and i find that even if i do not reestablish the connection at 2am or at 8am, the free usage is duly counted as 0. I am an old subscriber with 59.xx.xx.xx IP