Night Booster Zoom 1/Day 1 Mbps, Night 2 Mbps queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay Bhattacharya

linux4living
ISP
Tata Docomo
Hi folks, I am from Kolkata and am planning to switch to Reliance with the Night Booster Zoom 1 plan. Any folks from Kol having this connection? How's the speed? Is there any FUP? Can you really get 2Mbps download speeds at night (connection speed ~ 230-240'd make me happy as hell)? Is it possible to share the connection via a wireless router?

u are from kolkata rite ? have you first applied for reliance bb and got a confirmation call from the local rep that rel is available in ur home ? if yes then only proceed because there are many parts of the city where relnc wireline dosnt exist... so make that confirmation frst.. this coming from a guy whu have been rejected as relnc donot have wireline is his area..for speed and wireless u donot need to worry ... relnc does provide the best of infra in india.. and a wifi router will solve query happily

u are from kolkata rite ? have you first applied for reliance bb and got a confirmation call from the local rep that rel is available in ur home ? if yes then only proceed because there are many parts of the city where relnc wireline dosnt exist... so make that confirmation frst.. this coming from a guy whu have been rejected as relnc donot have wireline is his area..

for speed and wireless u donot need to worry ... relnc does provide the best of infra in india.. and a wifi router will solve query happily

Thanks Deepu for the quick response. Initially I called up Reliance CC and they asked for my area pin code. And they confirmed that the wireline connection is available there. Now waiting eagerly for the local reps to call me.

Thanks Deepu for the quick response. Initially I called up Reliance CC and they asked for my area pin code. And they confirmed that the wireline connection is available there. Now waiting eagerly for the local reps to call me.

see the pincode defines a vast area.. so though the national cc will tell that they have the infra only the local rep can confirm u actualy whether it can reach ur home.. so let them contact u at first and confirm...

and btw the new plans from relnc has fup.. dunno about old plans

Deepu you were so right....I chased some of the folks from Reliance yesterday and finally I was informed that although Reliance has laid up cables in my area, they have stopped issuing connections as their cables are getting stolen all the time. Damn!! there goes my dreams of having a 2MBps connection!!!

----------

@sanjay... If the following broadband plans is announced across India then 2 mbps Day/Night costs only Rs.1199

https://broadband.forum/reliance-broadband/69751-new-reliance-broadband-plans-hyderabad/#post506520

Thanks for the info raj...but I guess I am not lucky enough to get a wired bb connection from Reliance...I am trying to console myself with the fact that these new plans do come with an FUP. And so for the time being I have to stick with my existing BSNL UL 750 plan with a measly speed of 512 Kpbs.

@sanjay... If the following broadband plans is announced across India then 2 mbps Day/Night costs only Rs.1199

https://broadband.forum/reliance-broadband/69751-new-reliance-broadband-plans-hyderabad/#post506520

Thanks for the info raj...but I guess I am not lucky enough to get a wired bb connection from Reliance...I am trying to console myself with the fact that these new plans do come with an FUP. And so for the time being I have to stick with my existing BSNL UL 750 plan with a measly speed of 512 Kpbs.

Deepu you were so right....I chased some of the folks from Reliance yesterday and finally I was informed that although Reliance has laid up cables in my area, they have stopped issuing connections as their cables are getting stolen all the time. Damn!! there goes my dreams of having a 2MBps connection!!!

----------

see ? thats what i pointed out ... i am also terribly disgusted when they pointed me that they cannot reach my home with their cable... f***ing morons.. i have never seen such a co. where people are interested to take up but is not provided their service ...

btw how have you contacted them ? i also want to contact some of their high ranking officials to discuss about this matter..

----------

as far as i no new plans are with fup but old plans will be without fup...

see ? thats what i pointed out ... i am also terribly disgusted when they pointed me that they cannot reach my home with their cable... f***ing morons.. i have never seen such a co. where people are interested to take up but is not provided their service ...

btw how have you contacted them ? i also want to contact some of their high ranking officials to discuss about this matter..

----------

as far as i no new plans are with fup but old plans will be without fup...

You're damn right. These guys are just stupid f**k faced idiots. I dunno how the hell they are doing business? I didn't contact the big shots. What happened is that after I called rel cc, a guy from rel called me up. He said he'd be able to provide me the connection. That was last week. Luckily I saved his mobile number. This week after trying to call him up on Monday..I couldn't get him. I finally got hold of him on Tuesday. And he came up with this shit of not being able to provide me with the connection..goddammit!!!! Try calling him and he might be able to get you the contact numbers of some big shot in rel. I just couldn't do it as I am too frustrated and more so after what BEAM is doing in Hdy. No bloody ISP's in Kol can provide me unlimited bandwidth without the bloody f*****cking FUP's. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! His number is 9231865902. Do keep me posted on the proceedings bro!!

his name please .. is this guy from your locality ? i will try to contact him up.. btw what ur area ?

his name please .. is this guy from your locality ? i will try to contact him up.. btw what ur area ?

I dunno his name. You can call him up in this #. My area is Ballygunge.

Status
Not open for further replies.