Nextra Launches Nfinity No FUP Plans

Ah yes , I understand your point. The problem was that some time ago too, the customer care emails were the same replies that they were unlimited, but they did infact throttle it after 400gb. Now, it is either a case of not updating their site regularly (as said that the data counter is now gone)or just some exceptions flowing through. Not that I mind getting an exception like yours 😱penedeyewink:

lol.. hope it isn't an exception though. It could also be that they changed their policy over the last 3 months. Then again that earlier report could have been an error on their backend. When I had upgraded to 20mbit in the past, the upload had still been limited to 10mbit which later turned out to not have been set as per the plan. So that could also happen.
I however, love the fact that I don't have to interact with them frequently. The small number of times that I did it turned out to be ok. I remember when I had subscribed to them they were injecting their own ads into webpages which I had later got stopped after talking to their backend team. They weren't like oh no we don't do anything like that and owned up to their actions and disabled that practice.

To me, infinity plans do not make any sense now (unless you are more than a heavy user). Altough, Nextra has reduced prices on their infinity plans they have also launched new Dhaakad plans.

Lets take an example of a user like @PrK who uses ~500GB data a month:
Infinity Plan @25Mbps = 999+Taxes
Dhaakad 50 @50Mbps (500Gb) = 999+Taxes

So if your usage is upto 500GB a month (most of the user are under this category) you get twice the speed and if your usage is upto 200GB, you not only get double the speed you also get to save Rs200 + taxes.

@Da SpoilerGuy I choose nextra over spectranet because spectranet (in our area) disconnects when there is a power failure (for the duration it takes power backup in our society to kick in). Spectranet guys were adamant that they will not provide a UPS backup. I have heard that Excitel also disconnects when there is power failure and therefore given a choice I would choose Nextra even though it is a bit expensive.

Having said this, to each his own.

Cheers!!

That's nice. The LCO here who handles excitel is quite good and has power backup for the cable as well as the internet. Spectranet, I do not know of, they haven't been in Dwarka much I guess. Nextra fiber has already been in the society since I guess they started the 10 Mbps 15 GB plans. Do not know of the power backup though. And yes, the Dhakad plans seem good for most people, but since I am a heavy uploader, I generally prefer fup-less plans just for the assurance that speed will never go down. Ever since I got away from MTNL's 512kbps plan( in which they somehow managed to phuk up and provide me max 256kbps for 2 whole years) I feel liberated. Don't want any fup in the way now lol.

Now All infinity plans have a 500 GB FUP as per the website.

But new Dhaakad plans are just too exciting

Source

Between nextra and excitel which is better in terms of quality of service ?