Nextra - Fiber to the Building in NCR!

• Thread starter Thread starter agantuk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 32,916
I dont need the landline *for* the ftth... i need it for other purposes that landlines are supposed to serve.

I was going to get this connection.. its available in my society; realized that i needed the landline, just asked airtel for a landline only plan only to know that its worth 699 bucks a month! wtf?!

I am sorry but this post seems to imply that you thought u needed a landline to get this connection... Anyway that is off topic... BTW someone mentioned that they seem to have a Hayai like approach... Could anyone mention do they do the Data caching thing that MG talked about... If they do, then that would be great for their users... Fivenet in Mumbai has recently started caching torrent content(they have been caching youtube for years now)... Now a days I normally see every other popular torrent downloading at speeds in excess of 25-30 Mbps on my 10Mbps line... Max I have touched in 85 Mbps 😀 ...

So Internet in India is changing for the better! This what i've been waiting for,ambitious new isps giving our traditional jack*** internet providers competition,forcing them to either adapt or perish.
Too bad the internet revolution isn't taking the whole country at once,not even a whole city right now lol.

If it all works out as planned, I think I will be getting Nextra by June 2013. Moving to a society which will have it.

Agantuk: have you ever had any downtime? And how fast is the response of the two repair guys?

Nextra User for 2 months now. I have to say it has been really good so far. Downtime of 1 hour twice, but both because of an issue with UPS installed by Nextra in my society. It gets hanged because of lot of power cuts and power backup kicking in. Engineer came quickly and restarted the UPS. Even on a Sunday evening 6 PM. 😛eaceful: Now he has shown me where UPS is, in case I have to restart if it creates issues next time.
Pure upload and download speed of 10 MBPS with 30 GB FUP at 1548 /- inclusive of taxes. One problem has been paying bills, there is no online bill payment, easiest is transferring money into their account and mailing them the screenshot, which is a little hassle.

plz post pings to usa est cost,west coast,central usa,Eu,uk,australia,japan,south america

No society was within my budget. Lol. Too bad I'm not going to experience this connection. Trying to stay away from Airtel 🙂